what do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what do i need?

i have been seriously considering supercharging my truck this spring for graduation. I was gona lift it but i like the way it sits now lol. anyhow back to the question, what all am i gona need to supercharge (or turbo) my truck? I know that you can not just throw one on there (i have mechanical backround but i have never gotten into modifying, just fixing lol).

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a really dumb question.

Ac

P.S. my truck i a 04 f-150 5.4L 4x4 leveled out. After i was done writting all that, i realized that someone would need that to answer my question.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by darklcdfeller
i have been seriously considering supercharging my truck this spring for graduation. I was gona lift it but i like the way it sits now lol. anyhow back to the question, what all am i gona need to supercharge (or turbo) my truck? I know that you can not just throw one on there (i have mechanical backround but i have never gotten into modifying, just fixing lol).

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a really dumb question.

Ac

P.S. my truck i a 04 f-150 5.4L 4x4 leveled out. After i was done writting all that, i realized that someone would need that to answer my question.
there is PLENTY of info on this site, this question has been answered over and over..

welcome to the site!

u could go with a roush setup, i think whipple has a kit out there too.

supercharging ur truck would be the easiest because theres so many kits out there.

turbocharging is awesome too but i dont know of any kits.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:46 PM
thanks!!!! so there is a kit that you can buy and have a basic bolt on? i cant imagine that that is possible i would think that there has to be some heavy moding done for a supercharger

Old 10-21-2008, 10:50 PM
thanks!!!! so there is a kit that you can buy and have a basic bolt on? i cant imagine that that is possible i would think that there has to be some heavy moding done for a supercharger
Roush makes the best complete kit out there right now and theres a few guys over the 400rwhp mark

Old 10-21-2008, 10:59 PM
i was planning on gettin a 8inch rize lift but i decided i want to make my truck scream instead. I was gona get it lifted for graduation this spring but im really considering a charger!!!

Old 10-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Which ever you get weather it be a tubro and supercharger(my choice) get a GOOD DYNO TUNE!!!!

And take some advice, do it right the first time dont cheap out!!! It will end up costing you more in the long run.

Wayne

Old 10-21-2008, 11:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea do it right the first time for everything you may consider doing... trust me, and everyone else on here who puts a lot of money in their truck.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Is yours a 3V or 2V? If its a 2V, the L/HD swap is the best way to go for price and low end torque!!!! There is currently one available on classfieds and I saw another on NLOC forum.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by built54
yea do it right the first time for everything you may consider doing... trust me, and everyone else on here who puts a lot of money in their truck.
LOL yeah! definitely do it right the first time... i coulda bought another freakin car with the money i spent learning how to turbocharge my truck...

a kit im sure is ur best bet and quickest way to be back on the road!

Old 10-22-2008, 09:17 AM
im not sure which one my truck is. idk if it is a 2v or a 3v. how can i tell what it is? i was looking at the rousch kits last night and thats about the money i was planning on spending so im really considering it.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:55 AM
im not sure which one my truck is. idk if it is a 2v or a 3v. how can i tell what it is? i was looking at the rousch kits last night and thats about the money i was planning on spending so im really considering it.
i dont think the lightning setup wont work on ur truck.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
[QUOTE=darklcdfeller;3422089]im not sure which one my truck is. idk if it is a 2v or a 3v. how can i tell what it is? i was looking at the rousch kits last night and thats about the money i was planning on spending so im really considering it.[/QUOTE

Ford still used 2V's on some applications in 2004. If its a 2V the cam covers are straight on the top, if its a 3v they are scalluped.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:42 AM
go with the roush kit its alot better. the roush kit is easier to install on to your truck and still puts out decent power. only problem is that its not as powerful as the whipple.