using my stock 4.6 harness with a lightning engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
using my stock 4.6 harness with a lightning engine

i have been told by a few people that i can use my stock harness 4.6 and computer i just want to make sure before i tear my truck apart to do this swap, one thing i dont understand is how you can tune out the boost bypass does it still work or what? it looked to me like it also ran off of vacuum also does the engine run ok without the second IAT
and if anyone knows of any thing to make this swap a little easier on me please let me know

Old 11-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LCTford01
i have been told by a few people that i can use my stock harness 4.6 and computer i just want to make sure before i tear my truck apart to do this swap, one thing i dont understand is how you can tune out the boost bypass does it still work or what? it looked to me like it also ran off of vacuum also does the engine run ok without the second IAT
and if anyone knows of any thing to make this swap a little easier on me please let me know
Boost bypass is run off vaccum you can bypass it with a tee ...... wouldnt think harness be the same tho ! Guess if cant get ahold of a stock one there's a company called painless wiring harness that do complete kits call tell them what you got and want

Quick Reply: using my stock 4.6 harness with a lightning engine