5.4L + Supercharger = What exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2008 | 07:14 AM
Ok, first questions are how are you going to drive the truck and how much power are you really going after? There are a lot of L/HD guys with factory headers making 400hp and 500ftlb torque at the rear wheels. If you have a daily driver and are looking for more low end grunt, I can think of a lot of better ways to spend $1500. Sorry if I offend anyone, but long tube headers are a nice to have for most of us. I only paid $400 for mine and yes, my low end torque moved up the power band. Since I rarely drive the truck around at 5600 rpm (new redline), cruise at 2000rpm, not sure even I got my monies worth. For street get the positive displacement blower, go no more than 12lbs of boost (assume non L/HD block) and a good tune. You will be very happy. Now if you want to drag race all day long then .....

Old 10-31-2008 | 11:21 AM
|
Cool

Originally Posted by CobraKit
Ok, first questions are how are you going to drive the truck and how much power are you really going after? There are a lot of L/HD guys with factory headers making 400hp and 500ftlb torque at the rear wheels. If you have a daily driver and are looking for more low end grunt, I can think of a lot of better ways to spend $1500. Sorry if I offend anyone, but long tube headers are a nice to have for most of us. I only paid $400 for mine and yes, my low end torque moved up the power band. Since I rarely drive the truck around at 5600 rpm (new redline), cruise at 2000rpm, not sure even I got my monies worth. For street get the positive displacement blower, go no more than 12lbs of boost (assume non L/HD block) and a good tune. You will be very happy. Now if you want to drag race all day long then .....
All,
Thanks for the input. Good stuff.
Anybody running a Supercharger and a PHP tune? It seems as Troyer is the prefered tune for F/I.

CobraKit,
Go Terps! I lived in Hyattsville for 4yrs. I miss the mid-atlantic but love Iowa also.
Your correct in asking my intention. First, it will be my daily driver. Second, don't plan on going to the track or strip. Third, I'm not looking for insane power. The novilty of a cut-off interests me. Finally, I imagine having a tuner, some moderate exhaust work, and a super. Thats about it.
Pacesetters, maybe. Dynatechs and 12lbs are out.

Thanks again for everybodies input.
-Tung

Quick Reply: 5.4L + Supercharger = What exhaust?