Couldn't catch the guy

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Couldn't catch the guy

Not sure if this is a good place to post this but had to tell someone (Wife dosen't care)

My boy and I were off to his basketball practice and while @ the stop light another screw pulls up next to us and revved his engine Normally I wouldn’t respond but my kid thought it was funny and said "Smoke him dad" so when the light turned green we took off and got about a trucks length on the guy when I noticed a truck coming up fast in my rearview he cut to the right and begin to pass me all in one move. By the time I took her out of OD and mashed the pedal he was already about a trucks length in front of me (maybee more)and that’s right I couldn't catch him it was a 2000 Tahoe.

The guy pulled over @ the next Gas station and so did I come to find out he’s got a Whipple running 6lbs of boost. Whipple fuel injection and full exhaust Lt's included. That made me feel better for a moment..... But I still am bummed I couldn’t catch him anyway thats my story

Old 01-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that sucks i got a story tho might cheer ya up theres a gmc reg cab long bed near me with a 6.0 with a wipple running 6lbs of boost, fuel pump, injectors, custom tune, and water meth well thats all he told me atleast and i run a full! 1 second faster in the quarter. all yea thats with his stock oem tires and my 305's

Old 01-19-2009, 05:56 PM
it's okay. I got destroyed by a Mitsubishi Mighty Max. He was AWD and had a 4G63 under the hood. i was on the unit and tire.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:26 PM
I think when you got out of it to take it out of OD, that killed you. With him having boost too (with LTs and full exhaust), you had no room to give him any kind of advantage.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:37 PM
No, better to be killed in the race than to kill the OD band. Quickest way to toast a transmission is to put power through OD. In case nobody told you yet, keep it off when your foot is in the floor boards.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Haha, I did that to a stock F150 trying to race me off the lights one time. He figured I had stock power I guess, but when the light turned green I took off way hard then him and he didn't stand a chance. I love my supercharger.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by justjames80
No, better to be killed in the race than to kill the OD band. Quickest way to toast a transmission is to put power through OD. In case nobody told you yet, keep it off when your foot is in the floor boards.

If you're refering to my comment, I wasn't saying he should have stayed in it. I was only saying when he let off of it, the other truck gained momentum that he could not recover from.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:20 PM
My comment was more for the OP....should have had OD off to begin with.

Old 01-20-2009, 02:58 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts

X2

now it's time for a lightning swap to replace that allen M90

Old 01-20-2009, 08:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The first time I didnt shift past 3rd (the other guy didn't realy play) so I thought I would be OK ...I took off a little faster than normal but didn't floor it through all gears

Should I still of had the OD off???

I had let off the gas already and my truck had shifted up thats when the Tahoe came flying by so at that time the truck was in od and I know you dont want to just floor it then. And yes thats when he killed me...

Great stories guys

Old 01-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Nice truck 01lighting/buck50

same here.today but i started racing with my friend on the road today.. over took him bad.. he couldnt catch up until we met up at the stoplight i let him get in front of me...and i couldnt catch up.. whats up with that. v8 engine not working or what!( my truck stock) made me want to get a s/c lol

My question is for the OD. should it be off???? Im very confused about the OD setting...
How should it be on and when should it be off... thx..

Old 01-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Aah.. I see so you are talking about when I have the pedal to the medal... take the truck of OD?

Old 01-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by cH1rO420
Nice truck 01lighting/buck50

My question is for the OD. should it be off???? Im very confused about the OD setting...
How should it be on and when should it be off... thx..
....Aah.. I see so you are talking about when I have the pedal to the medal... take the truck of OD?
Thanks for the comment. She looks nicer when she's washed.

about O.D. i believe it should be on when your flooring it. I've always raced with it on. I know racing with it off makes it feel faster. but i remember reading it was bad so i stop doing it. I already destroyed one 4w70. Don't want to do another

Old 01-22-2009, 05:05 PM
talkin about racing, kids at my school with their little toyota corolla and camry and a mazda3 ( i think) keep talkin like theyll woop me in a race. i know my trucks not supercharged or anything but im pretty sure i could beat them. what do you guys say? pretty sure my truck could woop some little 4 cylinders with the 5.4

and does the OD really matter whether its on or off?

Old 01-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by 4wd150
talkin about racing, kids at my school with their little toyota corolla and camry and a mazda3 ( i think) keep talkin like theyll woop me in a race. i know my trucks not supercharged or anything but im pretty sure i could beat them. what do you guys say? pretty sure my truck could woop some little 4 cylinders with the 5.4

and does the OD really matter whether its on or off?
well depends on the trim. if it's the Corolla XRS, im sure if he doesn't spin and gets out. he's long gone. Camry V6 would for sure win. and a Mazda speed3,speed6, Speed Miata basically anything turbo mazda will win.

Quick Reply: Couldn't catch the guy