Roush-Charger Question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009 | 07:54 PM
|
Roush-Charger Question.

Hi.

I was wondering if any of you kind folks have had a Roush-Charger Fitted to a 2007-2008 F150 5.4? (Not Fitted when Bought)

The Dealer I bought the truck from are a Roush fitting centre. I cannot get answer's from them as the Guy who does this stuff is on Vacation.
Back this week.

Before I ask any Questions: I do not have a Garage and the weather suck's so I aint fitting this my self.

1' Can the dealer Flash the Tranny ECM there and then or do I have to send it to Roush?

2' Roughly how much for the charger fitted? (Leave truck ... Pick truck up charged)

3' How many People have the charger fitted? (2004 - 2008)

4' Any Advice, or Guidence?

Thank you ..

Old 02-08-2009 | 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Ross-FX4
Hi.

I was wondering if any of you kind folks have had a Roush-Charger Fitted to a 2007-2008 F150 5.4? (Not Fitted when Bought)

The Dealer I bought the truck from are a Roush fitting centre. I cannot get answer's from them as the Guy who does this stuff is on Vacation.
Back this week.

Before I ask any Questions: I do not have a Garage and the weather suck's so I aint fitting this my self.

1' Can the dealer Flash the Tranny ECM there and then or do I have to send it to Roush?
Yes they just send the computer to Roush

2' Roughly how much for the charger fitted? (Leave truck ... Pick truck up charged) You would have to call the draler to get a quote

I have the Roush on my truck

4' Any Advice, or Guidence? its worth it Roush it a great kit

Thank you ..

Good Luck

Old 02-08-2009 | 02:54 PM
Suspended
not sure how many have the rousch but many are charged. tylus just installed his a few months back. from what i have read, you send your PCM to rousch and usually you should have the PCM back w/in 3 days of shipping it to them.

are you going with the rousch intercooled? you can get the non intercooled pretty cheap i believe around 2500-3k and it makes like 10-15 hp less.

let someone varify what i said but i think thats correct. are you going with the rousch to keep your warranty?

Old 02-08-2009 | 04:53 PM
when you buy the kit they give you a fed ex overnight box to send the pcm off,so if you send it on wed it should be back on friday, as far as price it will prob be leg and a ******** good luck after you get it go to troyer and get some tunes and a pulley worth the wait and $

Old 02-08-2009 | 07:51 PM
|
Thank's For the reply's Guy's.

I would be looking at the Aftercooler (Air - water) Charge cooler.

I Cannot afford to have my truck off the road, It's my only transport and we dont live in town, The town is in the middle of the rockie's.

I Live in Canada and the Postal Service suck's.

Once I get my New VISA then it's either one of these or some Rim's.

Been talking to a Company in th US, They said $700 fitting for a Saleen Charger and it will take 3 day's. $700 aint bad IMO for the fitting service? WHat do you guy's think.

I work as a Heavy Duty Mechanic and Could fit the kit no problem if I had somewhere to do it.

Iam looking at the Roush kit as they give Tranny warranty etc etc.

I live right on the BC - Montana Border and would be willing to travel to Kalispell For instance, Stop over-night and drive the freshly charged truck back if they could flash the Tranny ECM there and then. That's what I was Wanting to know ... Can a Ford-Roush Dealer Flash the ECM or do I have to wait. ??

Old 02-08-2009 | 09:58 PM
Suspended
if you can install the kit yourself, why not save the $700 and put that towards rims. ask tylus how his was to install.

Old 02-08-2009 | 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
if you can install the kit yourself, why not save the $700 and put that towards rims. ask tylus how his was to install.

Old 02-09-2009 | 01:30 AM
I would call a Roush dealer and see what they say, but Im willing to bet you will have to send it off.

the install isnt bad, anywhere from maybe 4-6 hrs if youre a decent mechanic, it took me about 8 or so. the thing that you will probably have to wait for is the pcm so you may be without the truck for a few days...

but $700 install isnt too bad, considering you may need them to install it if you want that warranty honored...

Old 02-09-2009 | 08:20 PM
|
Originally Posted by Smok][n
I would call a Roush dealer and see what they say, but Im willing to bet you will have to send it off.

the install isnt bad, anywhere from maybe 4-6 hrs if youre a decent mechanic, it took me about 8 or so. the thing that you will probably have to wait for is the pcm so you may be without the truck for a few days...

but $700 install isnt too bad, considering you may need them to install it if you want that warranty honored...
Hell yeah, Ive had a look at the Install PDF and it's straight forward.

Might take a ride into Calgary and go see my friend at Woodridge Ford.

Roush Claim 445 - 450hp .. Are these claimed number's Stock with just the SC - Charge-cooled?

I live at around 3000ft ... People say you can lose 10hp per 1000ft?

Old 02-09-2009 | 10:45 PM
yeah that 445-450 number is supposed to be with the stock intercooled kit measured at the flywheel. your power at the wheels will probably be about 350, or less because of your elevation.

one plus though is that im sure you get some nice cool air up there and that really wakes the superchargers up

Old 02-09-2009 | 11:28 PM
Hi.

Back this week.

2' Roughly how much for the charger fitted? (Leave truck ... Pick truck up charged)

4' Any Advice, or Guidence?

Thank you ..
The dealer will send the ECM to Roush via overnight to get re flashed for you.

Old 02-13-2009 | 09:28 PM
I am a technician at a Ford dealer that is also a Roush dealer. I have installed one on my 07 F150 and a few other vehicles as well. The install should only take the dealer a day to install. But the processor has to be sent to Roush for the flash. There is no way around this. Roush is not about to give anyone access to their tune. Also before you are surprised, the Roush tune does NOT turn off the speed limiter. They will not..I even have the number to one of their engineers/programmers...remove the limiter. They are very good about turn around. I live in Alaska and it is still only 3 days. 1 down 1 tune 1 back. Good luck. It is worth the 3 days though.

Old 02-14-2009 | 08:13 AM
Maybe I am one of the lucky ones with a Roush charger. I did not have to send mime off to Roush, it was done on sight the day we installed the SC

Old 02-15-2009 | 10:51 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor
Originally Posted by Marc Carpenter
Maybe I am one of the lucky ones with a Roush charger. I did not have to send mime off to Roush, it was done on sight the day we installed the SC
Maybe they used the Internet to download the tune from Roush?

Old 02-15-2009 | 10:57 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor
Back this week.
You mentioned that you cannot afford to have the truck go down. I would strongly suggest that you develop a working relationship with your local Roush dealer. If you get a Roush blower. They are close by so your travel time for warranty repair, if applicable, will be less. They will be more prone to want to help because you are local and could be a potential customer for another vehicle in the future. They might provide a loner car.

Quick Reply: Roush-Charger Question.