Do I Need A New Tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009 | 03:54 PM
|
Do I Need A New Tune

I just had my M90 Eaton supercharger rebuilt a few weeks ago. I have a mechanic telling me that I will need to have all new tunes because of the rebuild. I think he is full of it and is just trying to sell me some tune. Would I be correct with my assessment?

Thanks

Old 03-01-2009 | 04:06 PM
No you wont need a tune if you already have a tune for the supercharger. If the supercharger has been ported then yes a new tune may be required to adjust for the air fuel ratio slighty. However If he did a straight rebuild then no your stock supercharger tune would be fine.

Old 03-01-2009 | 04:52 PM
How much was the re-build? just wondering.

Old 03-01-2009 | 10:02 PM
|
I was about $600 for a complete rebuild. I checked around with several places and it seemed to be a pretty good price for a complete rebuild. My truck sure runs better know and my load and boost levels are both up.

Brian

Old 03-01-2009 | 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by bixbystx
I was about $600 for a complete rebuild. I checked around with several places and it seemed to be a pretty good price for a complete rebuild. My truck sure runs better know and my load and boost levels are both up.

Brian
Thats good for you i seen a few of your posts and it seemed you were having a hard time, sorry to here that. I wouldnt know what a good rebuild would be just looking into it for the future info

You said you were running a 2.2 pulley. How much boost did you end up getting?

Old 03-01-2009 | 10:44 PM
like IR0NS1N said if it was just a rebuild your fine...had my M90 rebuilt approx 2 years ago and just put it back on and its just fine

Old 03-02-2009 | 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by bixbystx

Brian
If, as you say "my load and boost levels are up" and you mean that they are higher that you have ever seen them before, I would consider a revised tune unless you have an on-board Wide Band A/F Gauge.

Old 03-02-2009 | 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by madferraristi
If, as you say "my load and boost levels are up" and you mean that they are higher that you have ever seen them before, I would consider a revised tune unless you have an on-board Wide Band A/F Gauge.

Good point...

my boost level was the same before and after.. I had a bad/bent input shaft that took out the bearings a rubbed the case alittle

Quick Reply: Do I Need A New Tune