Porting Magnacharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FX4 Matt
I want to say I got 15 or 19 from the port I cant find the dyno papers from that day. I dont know what the port took the blower to its a stage 4 port
would you say it was worth it?

Old 03-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by weazel
would you say it was worth it?
I would say so. If I were to do it again I would get the rotors stripped just for more blower wine.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:18 PM
any updates?

Old 03-12-2009, 06:35 PM
any updates?
nope, got a call from a lady yesterday just to tell me that they got the box and what all I wanted them to do, she said they would call me back either Thursday or Friday, since today is pretty much gone I am guessing tomorrow I can talk to one of the techs who will be doing the work.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Finally...got a call this afternoon its being shipped back today, should be here on Friday. They said there was no type of stage porting, just that they did max porting, no stripping of rotors which I wanted, they said the coating on there was the type that flaked off in fine particles. Fuel injectors were serviced and the port match of plenum and throttle body. I will take pictures of it on Friday.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by batn68
Finally...got a call this afternoon its being shipped back today, should be here on Friday. They said there was no type of stage porting, just that they did max porting, no stripping of rotors which I wanted, they said the coating on there was the type that flaked off in fine particles. Fuel injectors were serviced and the port match of plenum and throttle body. I will take pictures of it on Friday.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:29 PM
get those long tubes yet?

Old 03-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by bluebeast06
get those long tubes yet?
Nope, the long tubes are still back ordered, I just checked and they are still saying the 30th of this month.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Nope, the long tubes are still back ordered, I just checked and they are still saying the 30th of this month.
what headers did you order and from where?

Old 03-18-2009, 11:18 PM
what headers did you order and from where?
The pacesetter LTs with the cerami coating, ordered them from summit almost two weeks ago, but as I mentioned earlier they are on back order till the 30th of March.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:22 PM
The pacesetter LTs with the cerami coating, ordered them from summit almost two weeks ago, but as I mentioned earlier they are on back order till the 30th of March.
Make sure you check to see if they fit, may have to dent the header on the passenger side. I have to pull mine off because mine touch my body, sucks...

Old 03-23-2009, 06:55 PM
just finished mowing the lawn around noon today and UPS pulls up with my package. Got it back in and as I was tightening that last back manifold bolt on the drivers side, "snap", jerked back as I knew what just happened and snap, broke one of the plastic tubes on the darn EVAP canister purge valve. I think the bolt snapped right in half, not sure how much is in the head, if I can get some vice grips on it or not, will prolly work on it this weekend. I posted some pics of the finished product, in my album, with the magnacharger not very much to view on the porting as we have that bent plenum, the sound is a bit louder than before, seat of the pants difference I cannot tell as I had just had 4.10s installed the night before I took it off, so I am getting use to that as well. Once I get the Long Tubes and high flows I will be off to the dyno to see what we got. I also got a call from Mike Troyer as I was finishing up cursing at what I just broke, and per him, the tune I have is good to go, we shall see once I get on the dyno.. Prolly in a few weeks as the long tubes are still on back order.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:25 PM

hey did you change you intake? this is totally different from mine.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:41 PM

hey did you change you intake? this is totally different from mine.
Yep, did not like that plastic thing that came with it..I searched for hours and hours for a CAI for the magnachargers with no luck, finally decided to buy a spectre performance 4 inch CAI, (the cheapest CAI I found) with the intent to modify and cut it at the bend and couple it together with some couplers, and sprayed some low gloss engine paint on it as the polished finish got grunged up while I was modifying it, been running it this way for months now. Not sure if its running lean as Mike Troyer wanted it all back to stock configuration when I had him do the dyno tune, and we ran out of time before we could put that on and see what it was doing A/F wise, but when I get on the dyno in a few weeks I will find out, not to worry as I am fairly easy on the throttle except today when I tested out how much louder it was with the port job.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Yep, did not like that plastic thing that came with it..I searched for hours and hours for a CAI for the magnachargers with no luck, finally decided to buy a spectre performance 4 inch CAI, (the cheapest CAI I found) with the intent to modify and cut it at the bend and couple it together with some couplers, and sprayed some low gloss engine paint on it as the polished finish got grunged up while I was modifying it, been running it this way for months now. Not sure if its running lean as Mike Troyer wanted it all back to stock configuration when I had him do the dyno tune, and we ran out of time before we could put that on and see what it was doing A/F wise, but when I get on the dyno in a few weeks I will find out, not to worry as I am fairly easy on the throttle except today when I tested out how much louder it was with the port job.

where did you find this? i am liking this alot.

Quick Reply: Porting Magnacharger