Porting Magnacharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by batn68
Yep, did not like that plastic thing that came with it..I searched for hours and hours for a CAI for the magnachargers with no luck, finally decided to buy a spectre performance 4 inch CAI, (the cheapest CAI I found) with the intent to modify and cut it at the bend and couple it together with some couplers, and sprayed some low gloss engine paint on it as the polished finish got grunged up while I was modifying it, been running it this way for months now. Not sure if its running lean as Mike Troyer wanted it all back to stock configuration when I had him do the dyno tune, and we ran out of time before we could put that on and see what it was doing A/F wise, but when I get on the dyno in a few weeks I will find out, not to worry as I am fairly easy on the throttle except today when I tested out how much louder it was with the port job.
Oh and the whine with this intake is a bit louder than the stock intake, and the port job just boosted it up a bit more.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Oh and the whine with this intake is a bit louder than the stock intake, and the port job just boosted it up a bit more.
so you are seeing more boost?

can you link me to the direct spot you got that intake?

Old 03-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by weazel
where did you find this? i am liking this alot.
spectre performance, not many talk about it and some will laugh, but I bought it with the intent to make it work for the magnacharger.. I got it from summit which of course was back ordered for like two weeks. Its a 4 inch CAI for the regular N/A F-150s, I just modified (cut it up) it a bit to make it work for the magnacharger. I bought a 3 1/2 inch to 4 inch coupler for the throttle body and then a 4 inch coupler to join the two parts after cutting up the tube. The MAF location is nearly identical to where it is on the plastic set up that came with our kits. It comes with three walls (heatshields) and a lid, but to keep the intercooler tank in the same location I left the lid off and kept the two sides off, I just have the one shield that is facing the engine. The part number is 9925, just around 150 bucks or so.. If you do get it, that mafs insert that comes with it, put it on the shelf or throw it away, it WILL cause you some problems...been there not doing it again. man she bucked..

Old 03-23-2009, 07:59 PM
so you are seeing more boost?

can you link me to the direct spot you got that intake?
I got a cheapo guage that I will connect up tomorrow (I know, I need one, just haven't decided on what I want yet). I will pm you the link as I am not sure if we can post em, i didn't read all them there rules yet.

Old 04-05-2009, 01:55 AM
Follow up, had to remove the blower this weekend to get the back drivers side manifold bolt that snapped. The threaded part of the bolt that was still in came out with just two fingers, not sure how or why it broke, was expecting the worst but finally got a break. As for the boost, the gauge I had been using really didn't show any increase for the work I had done, wish I knew how to take the thing apart so I can actually see what they charged me for, they did a nice port on the plenum but thats all that really shows, plus a bit of grinding on the slot for the bypass valve and ever so lightly and I mean ever so lightly touched the outer ridge of the output area. No opening up of the plate (by plate I mean the part of the blower with the output hole). If you note in the picture them two small silencer ports, they are gone, well the material in between, sorry no picture of that, camera went missing, I opened that up and noted a big difference in whine at WOT, noted no decrease in boost or performance, big increase in whine, took the kids out and they noticed it, as well as some of the local farmers livestock, they got fainting goats around here and drop when they get scared, gotta take a video of that..some funny stuff.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:35 AM
a couple videos, both are with the front windows down. one is under an overpass, cause I like the big sound, the other is a 0-60/70 run, not that great as I had to keep an eye for others on the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXN4MOpsRKE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGlpLOsVJcs

Old 04-17-2009, 05:48 PM
any dyno number updates of a before and after port?

Old 04-18-2009, 04:55 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
a couple videos, both are with the front windows down. one is under an overpass, cause I like the big sound, the other is a 0-60/70 run, not that great as I had to keep an eye for others on the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXN4MOpsRKE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGlpLOsVJcs
sounds good, the porting helps it pull harder on top and lowers your IAT temps a bit

I'd like to some vids of the fainting goats as you drive past under boost

Old 04-18-2009, 02:50 PM
any dyno number updates of a before and after port?
No afters, I should go ahead and do it with just the port job, I was waiting for the headers to be installed but my headers from summit are still on back order, got till the end of April now, ordered them March 7th.

The fainting goats video within the next week, gotta find someone to ride along and do the filming.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:04 AM
hot damn got me excited now im waiting on my tunes to show up before i send the blower off, but i have this race a truck pull i dont want to miss so it kinda sucks i dont want to be with out a truck on race day fainting goats thats awesome

Old 04-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Technically with a correctly tuned truck you should not need a retune just from a port, unless you are on the edge with your MAF.

I saw those vids the other day and it sounds mean!!

I'm looking at getting a magnacharger for my '04!

Old 04-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by BlkStang
Technically with a correctly tuned truck you should not need a retune just from a port, unless you are on the edge with your MAF.

I saw those vids the other day and it sounds mean!!

I'm looking at getting a magnacharger for my '04!
couldnt agree with you more but when you have mail order tunes like me its better to be safe

Old 04-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Went to make some movies, but the goats were a no show, looks like they moved on to better pastures , will get em next time, I Made a couple on some abandoned roads but they (roads) are in pretty bad shape with alot of huge potholes, so just when I get started I have to back it off rather quickly. The last one is from a while back, going under an overpass towards the end of the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNnAc1bZrHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIbYQYhpRj8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8iNSIXwng0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF_JO...e=channel_page

Old 04-25-2009, 05:41 PM
that's a crack up, watching you run to the truck!!

Sounds nice a loud!!

Old 04-25-2009, 10:38 PM
ARGGGHHH making me want one more!

I'm still scared of changing my stupid plugs though, I should ASAP since it is an '04 with 45k miles.

Quick Reply: Porting Magnacharger