Roushcharger/Troyer

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where did you see whipple kits for that cheap

Old 04-15-2009, 05:43 AM
MDK
Just got a email back Troyer and it looks like I will be getting the Stage 4 kit, Dual 16" Efans and the Dynatech header system installed. Said it would take about 3-4 days for complete install. Now I just have to sell my other truck but with my asking price it should be easy. I could do the SC and still hold onto my truck but I would be more comfortable selling my 05 before I dropped thousands into my 08. Bottom line is it's getting done though!

Old 04-15-2009, 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by jhunt47
where did you see whipple kits for that cheap
I want to say I saw it on svtperformance. And yes it was the kits for our trucks, not the lightning trucks.

Hell get the saleen kit from JDM for $3500.. It's a the same 2.3L whipple, just the intake is designed a little different.

Why is everyone being a little woman and only running 10psi? put 12 on it and have more torque and hp...

Edit:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ower-sale.html

Get the whipple kit, upgrade/switch out the charger for a lightning unit, run the roush/lightning belt setup....

You can boost that thing to the moon then if you wanted.

Last edited by FATHERFORD; 04-15-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD

Get the whipple kit, upgrade/switch out the charger for a lightning unit, run the roush/lightning belt setup....
Trading a twinscrew for a roots would be going backwards.
You need to extend the Whipple snout and run the separate belt system like your talking about.

Phil

Old 04-15-2009, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by phil6608
Trading a twinscrew for a roots would be going backwards.
You need to extend the Whipple snout and run the separate belt system like your talking about.

Phil
Yeah that's what I meant.The lightning Whipple unit setup:o

Still haven't completely woken up yet, and my thoughts aren't that clear lol.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Mike maybe a little biased but he pushes what works and he knows will be trouble free. The roush is the most complete kit on the market. It comes with everything that you will need from beginning to end. injectors, plugs, and has the best belt system and can be upgraded fairly easy plus he has a few warranty claims that were handled by roush with no problems. people like to feel that maybe they read something and in their mind the supercharger is better than roush and since troyer is pushing it then hes all about them. its about customer service and knowing that when the truck leaves it will not have any problems. now if he recommends another charger and you have problems with it the first thing people do is state that you told me. so to avoid that he does extensive testing before he recommends anyting. example is he use to stick with the autolite plugs but now he is pushing BRISK. did brisk come and give him a few dollars and say he sell us. did he use them and test them out for a period of time before he starts selling them. you need to understand before troyer puts his name on something it has been tested and researched for him. he has taken his time to make sure that you are getting a product that will be trouble free. if he was to dedicate his self to testing every product on the market you would never get a truck tuned. so hey if you want another supercharger feel free, he will tune anything but when you don't get the numbers advertised or it doesn't perform as expected then don't look at mike. everything that he has told me he proved and the truck proves it everytime i drive it. rather have something that performs everyday all day than something that performed great just one day

Old 04-15-2009, 10:31 AM
on a side note the whipple is better to an extent. buddy has one and spent more than 3,700 plus he had to buy their upgrade kit for the injectors and MAF and after being tuned i still drag him from 0 to about 115 to 120 depending on the launch. stock motors the whipple cant really do more than the roush. on a built motor with the boost turned up its whipple all day. but a stock f150 can't take a whipple or roush at what they can dish out so the comparison is not there. build a motor and push about 12 -15 and its whipple all day

Old 04-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by dirtyo2000
Mike maybe a little biased but he pushes what works and he knows will be trouble free. The roush is the most complete kit on the market. It comes with everything that you will need from beginning to end. injectors, plugs, and has the best belt system and can be upgraded fairly easy plus he has a few warranty claims that were handled by roush with no problems. people like to feel that maybe they read something and in their mind the supercharger is better than roush and since troyer is pushing it then hes all about them. its about customer service and knowing that when the truck leaves it will not have any problems. now if he recommends another charger and you have problems with it the first thing people do is state that you told me. so to avoid that he does extensive testing before he recommends anyting. example is he use to stick with the autolite plugs but now he is pushing BRISK. did brisk come and give him a few dollars and say he sell us. did he use them and test them out for a period of time before he starts selling them. you need to understand before troyer puts his name on something it has been tested and researched for him. he has taken his time to make sure that you are getting a product that will be trouble free. if he was to dedicate his self to testing every product on the market you would never get a truck tuned. so hey if you want another supercharger feel free, he will tune anything but when you don't get the numbers advertised or it doesn't perform as expected then don't look at mike. everything that he has told me he proved and the truck proves it everytime i drive it. rather have something that performs everyday all day than something that performed great just one day
The kit roush kit itself is good, it just comes with a "weak" blower. Which is the only reason I shy away from it.

The best blower setup for top performance for our trucks IMO is the Whipple setup with the conversion to a lightning snout and roush/lightning belt drive. This would be pretty pricey though and would have to be pieced together.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:11 PM
MDK
Just setup the appointment for May 18th. I was on the phone with Troyer for awhile and they're awesome people! Mike was former military and even wanted to call me back so we could talk but I don't have a commercial # so no dice. Customer service and reliability take precidence over a few extra hp in my book any day. Will keep everyone posted.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:58 AM
No argument from me Fatherford i was just stating for the price and what you get. The whipple is the best out once you throw the money into it. the roush is an excellent starter and will get done most anything you want dont and last. if you are looking at true power then there are quite a few set ups out there that will get you more hp. just what you want to spend. most want something that is going to last and has you know high horsepower and reliability just don't go hand in hand. give someone the capability to make 500hp and before you know it the motor is toast. if i could do it all over again i would have went with whipple or saleen, but then again i would have saved the money and up and went with a twin turbo setup and really tore something up lol

Old 05-12-2009, 09:18 PM
MDK
Alright so I just got back from the desert along with the wife and the audio was installed in the 08 today and the SC will go to Troyer this coming Monday-Friday. Will keep everyone posted and Mike said he would take lots of pics then I will head back that way for the dyno day

Old 05-17-2009, 03:42 PM
MDK
TOMORROW! Leaving at 5am to be there by 9am!

Old 05-17-2009, 07:44 PM
congrat's you will absolutly love it. wish I was that close to Mike so he can tune mine on his dyno instead of mail order. Lets us know and watch out for the police on the way home

Old 05-23-2009, 02:33 PM
MDK

Last edited by MDK; 05-23-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Nice numbers.... you might want to shrink that down just a little.