whipple supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009 | 09:00 PM
|
Cool whipple supercharger

hey any suggestions?i have a 2008 f150 5.4 liter,whipple supercharger,k/n filter kit,flowmaster,ford racing programmer that for racing tuned.heres my problem.the truck ran great until i had a smaller pulley put o the whipple,when you stepped on it it would rev up and once it got to 4,000 rpms the engine lite would blink and i would get bad detination.i took it back to the guy that has been working on it and he burned up the pcm.so he put a new pcm in it that didnt solve the problem.he put a new fuel pump and that wasnt it.he took it to ford and they changed so injectors and ran it on the diagnostics computer and they said they couldnt find anything wrong,this all took about 8 weeks.i finally took it to another guy who whipple recomended and he said it was the wrong pcm,he ordered a new one,and that wasnt it,he send the programmer back to ford racing and they retunned it and that wasnt it,then he figured out that cylinders 1 and 2 werent right so he ordered a new fuel injector rail and that wasnt the problem.so all in all i spent 3400 dollars and missed my truck for 10 1/2 weeks and its still running like ****,no engine lite but it detinates like heel, any suggestions would be great thanks.

Old 04-02-2009 | 09:08 PM
sounds like you need to find your self a new tuner my friend, troyer is the best, but you just have to wait forever to get your stuff, did they do any adjustments for the pulley what the a/f ratio look like, or if you were in a hurry vmp or jdm would probly hook you up but def call mike

Old 04-02-2009 | 09:37 PM
|
no adjustments made after the pulley was put on,they just sent the programmer back to ford racing and they put on a new tune,but that didnt help.i was thinking about putting the old pulley back on because it ran fine with it,what do you think?

Old 04-02-2009 | 10:10 PM
just started looking into getting a supercharger for my 07 F150. I had the whipple on my 03 harley f150. man did it roll ***.

Old 04-02-2009 | 10:51 PM
kinda sounds like tune problems to me... might give troyer a call and find out if he can send you a "safe" tune until he can get you a real tune. If you truck is detonating all over the place then i would park that bad boy until you get this sorted or you are REALLY going to start seeing some $$$$$$$$.

Old 04-03-2009 | 05:42 AM
Originally Posted by bradf150
hey any suggestions?i have a 2008 f150 5.4 liter,whipple supercharger,k/n filter kit,flowmaster,ford racing programmer that for racing tuned.heres my problem.the truck ran great until i had a smaller pulley put o the whipple,when you stepped on it it would rev up and once it got to 4,000 rpms the engine lite would blink and i would get bad detination.i took it back to the guy that has been working on it and he burned up the pcm.so he put a new pcm in it that didnt solve the problem.he put a new fuel pump and that wasnt it.he took it to ford and they changed so injectors and ran it on the diagnostics computer and they said they couldnt find anything wrong,this all took about 8 weeks.i finally took it to another guy who whipple recomended and he said it was the wrong pcm,he ordered a new one,and that wasnt it,he send the programmer back to ford racing and they retunned it and that wasnt it,then he figured out that cylinders 1 and 2 werent right so he ordered a new fuel injector rail and that wasnt the problem.so all in all i spent 3400 dollars and missed my truck for 10 1/2 weeks and its still running like ****,no engine lite but it detinates like heel, any suggestions would be great thanks.
Do not go WOT until you are re tuned, you will blow your motor.

Old 04-04-2009 | 06:53 AM
You are running premium fuel right?
First thing to do is run as fast as you can away from(the guy)that's working on your truck. He obviously dose not know WTF he is doing!!!!
Anybody knows when you change the pulley to get more boost,,,it will through your tune out of whack.
You spent 3400 bucks for this guy just guessing and throwing parts at the truck and all you probably needed was a custom tune.

Put your stock pulley back on until you can find a new mechanic and a custom tune!

Hope ya get it all straightened out soon,,,and let us know.

Phil

Old 04-04-2009 | 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by phil6608
You are running premium fuel right?
First thing to do is run as fast as you can away from(the guy)that's working on your truck. He obviously dose not know WTF he is doing!!!!
Anybody knows when you change the pulley to get more boost,,,it will through your tune out of whack.
You spent 3400 bucks for this guy just guessing and throwing parts at the truck and all you probably needed was a custom tune.

Put your stock pulley back on until you can find a new mechanic and a custom tune!

Hope ya get it all straightened out soon,,,and let us know.

Phil
very well siad phill

Quick Reply: whipple supercharger