Can i use?..

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can i use?..

hey guys,im planning/wanting on putting on a supercharger on my stock 07 hd for alittle power for the streets(daily driving) and came across a supercharger that came off of a 03/04(somewhere in that year model) svt cobra for a good deal and was wondering is there any way i can make it fit and what all i need..I have a choice of either the one off the svt or one off the 03 harley davison.Not planning to make big hp and on a budget...lmk what all i need to make it work and which one..thanks in advance.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The 03 Harley is a 2V and would not be a direct bolt on.You may be able to find or have made some adapters to go from 2v to 3v.
Your truck is a 3v correct?

Phil

Old 04-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Just buy my vortech unit and have 450/450 to the ground.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:03 PM
if its so good why you selling it to put on a saleen? not to be smart or anything, but it wouldnt work just go buy a whipple or roush. there are plenty of companys that make great kits for our trucks, it wouldnt be cost effective to do it by the time you fab all the stuff up and the time

Old 04-13-2009, 05:15 PM
its true if its your daily driver its really not worth it because your truck will be in pieces till you can fab or have someone fab the parts you need.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by phil6608
The 03 Harley is a 2V and would not be a direct bolt on.You may be able to find or have made some adapters to go from 2v to 3v.
Your truck is a 3v correct?

Phil
correct..i was just wondering is there any way or companies out there that makes conversion or adapter kit to make them blower fit..

Old 04-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1fast_hd
correct..i was just wondering is there any way or companies out there that makes conversion or adapter kit to make them blower fit..
Not that I know of so you would need to have it custom made and that can get very time consuming and expensive!

Buy the time you spend the money on one of custom parts you would be better off with a kit made for your truck.

Phil

Old 04-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by bluebeast06
if its so good why you selling it to put on a saleen? not to be smart or anything, but it wouldnt work just go buy a whipple or roush. there are plenty of companys that make great kits for our trucks, it wouldnt be cost effective to do it by the time you fab all the stuff up and the time
The Vortech unit is a great kit. I have even stated, in street trim my truck is FASTER with the Vortech then it is with the Saleen. The torque over powers street tires to easy and all I do is spin. Sure it's fun to boil down tires, but when you want to race, it hard to beat a Vortech. Yes you can pedel the truck, but it will never be as consistant as the Vortech. With the Vortech you just stomped on the go pedal, a little spin, and off you went!

I primarily switched because I wanted something different. That kit still to this day(Well over 3 years) is one of the highest stock long block hp and tq setups on this site.

There will be no "fabbing" to make it work on an 07 HD. The Vortech kit keeps most of all the factory engine parts. It is a much easier install then any roush/whipple/saleen blower. So easy in fact that any do it yourselfer could do it in their driveway in a day using very basic hand tools.

I'm willing to work a lot on the price of my vortech setup. I will promise you I will sell it cheaper then any "basic" twinscrew/roots kit and still make 450rwhp+ and 450rwtq+

Old 04-14-2009, 09:30 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 1fast_hd
hey guys,im planning/wanting on putting on a supercharger on my stock 07 hd for alittle power for the streets(daily driving) and came across a supercharger that came off of a 03/04(somewhere in that year model) svt cobra for a good deal and was wondering is there any way i can make it fit and what all i need..I have a choice of either the one off the svt or one off the 03 harley davison.Not planning to make big hp and on a budget...lmk what all i need to make it work and which one..thanks in advance.
I too am assuming you have a 5.4

before you sass anyone with sarcastic answers, maybe you should provide some basic information such as:

#1 engine
#2 current mods
#3 plans for the truck
#4 how you use your truck

fatherford has you on the right path and you probably out to listen to his advice, not only cause he'll give you great deal on his vortech but he's not a retard

while the Positive Displacement superchargers are great for daily drivers he has a great point about the consistantcy with the centrufigal...

I own both a roots truck and a centrufigal truck and the centrufigal truck is way faster (due some major factors but lets not get into that)

Old 04-14-2009, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE=tarajerame;3683685]I too am assuming you have a 5.4

before you sass anyone with sarcastic answers, maybe you should provide some basic information such as:

#1 engine
#2 current mods
#3 plans for the truck
#4 how you use your truck

fatherford has you on the right path and you probably out to listen to his advice, not only cause he'll give you great deal on his vortech but he's not a retard

[QUOTE]

ummm dude.you got the wrong guy.sarcastic answers???.what answers..fatherford has you on the right path and you probably out to listen to his advice???..i didn't reply to his offer on the vortech..let me get this straight.to answer your question #1.in 07 did ford come out w/ a harley davidson in a 4.6?.#2 and in my first post i stated stock 07 hd..#3 & 4 same as my first post daily driver and just need alittle hp and not planning to make big hp...i think you need to reread my post before jumping to conclusion.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:00 AM

ummm dude.you got the wrong guy.sarcastic answers???.what answers..fatherford has you on the right path and you probably out to listen to his advice???..i didn't reply to his offer on the vortech..let me get this straight.to answer your question #1.in 07 did ford come out w/ a harley davidson in a 4.6?.#2 and in my first post i stated stock 07 hd..#3 & 4 same as my first post daily driver and just need alittle hp and not planning to make big hp...i think you need to reread my post before jumping to conclusion.
Just an FYI..400-450rwhp is just a "little" hp in these trucks. It's not a lot...

A basic 360rwhp setup will leave you crying and weeping and wanting to make more.