new to forced induction

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to forced induction

I still havent pulled the trigger, but Ive been wondering if I will create problems adding forced induction to my truck at the 70k mile mark. like will I be asking for a head gasket failure in the immediate future? I would be keeping the boost conservative as it is my daily driver. The Roush intercooled set up was my first choice, but I also just saw the deals on the Saleen unit. With the economy the way it is the deals are getting hard to resist. J.B.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Dang you must drive that truck allot huh? 70K on a 05! I have a 99 with 80k and a allen S/C kit. Ive had it on for 600 miles or so and i havent seen any problems yet but i know there are allot of guys that are running 150 to 160k and supercharged. Mike troyer also said he would rather put a supercharger on a higher mile engine because he knows it wasnt sitting around for long periods of time causing build up in the egr valve ect.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Well thats some fuel for the fireIm still craving more power, Its still going to be a tough sell to my wife though. Yeah I love to Drive it. I had a job close to home for afew years(4), then changed companies and had to travel a bit. It felt good to stretch her legs on the highway but the stone chips really hurt. Thyere are too many turbo four bangers around here . I like the sound of a spooled up turbo but I love a superchargers whine.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:05 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
low boost and a good tune and you'll be happy for a while then you'll want more and more and more then you'll go built and then that'll get old and then you'll upgrade even further

boost and power are addictive

Old 04-16-2009, 02:14 PM
yeah you should have no problem! Your miles are all highway

Old 04-16-2009, 02:39 PM
wouldnt worry one bit...

70k, 12lbs, and 450+rwhp now...

Old 04-16-2009, 02:39 PM
wouldnt worry one bit...

70k, 12lbs, and 450+rwhp now...

Old 04-17-2009, 12:11 PM
You will love having a supercharged truck. My wife drives a 4 cylinder rice burner and I can tell you it sucks driving her car. You will want to be very heavy with the foot at all times. Alot of people say that desire passes, but it sure hasn't with me. My mpg isn't good at all, but I'm looking for performance and not 30mpg or whatever. I run a 98 octane tune and I can hit my gas and be going 40 or 50 mph and my truck will be all over the road. It is a great feeling my friend. You will love it! Period!

Old 04-18-2009, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by Jon Bourget
I still havent pulled the trigger, but Ive been wondering if I will create problems adding forced induction to my truck at the 70k mile mark. like will I be asking for a head gasket failure in the immediate future? I would be keeping the boost conservative as it is my daily driver. The Roush intercooled set up was my first choice, but I also just saw the deals on the Saleen unit. With the economy the way it is the deals are getting hard to resist. J.B.
I just finished installing a roush kit on my 05 f150 with 108000 miles. I can't speak for any of the other kits, but the roush kit was very complete and top quality. After talking with Mike Troyer, I checked my oil consumption and went for it. One of the things he said was to check the oil after 3000 miles to see how much was lost. If you are under a quart of consumption you are in good shape, if you are over you may want to check the motor further.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:56 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
or just run an oil seperator

Old 04-18-2009, 11:09 AM
I know I wont be able to wipe the grin off my face for some time. Its good to hear others experience with higher milage motors. thanks for your imput. Ive wanted a supercharged vehicle my whole life. I could have had one by now if I hadn't done some of my other builds, but from those I gained the experience that has got me to where I am today. Finally making the kind of money (though never enough) to have some of the nicer things. Work slowed down for the moment so I have the time to get things done, But I need to get back into the overtime work schedule to have the extra few bucks that you always need for the upgrades. I just hope the deals will still be there when I decide to go for it. J.B.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:51 PM
I miss having a vehicle with "contents under pressure"

Quick Reply: new to forced induction