Whipple guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whipple guys

Ok so I'm chaning my MAF housing so I took my air filter out of its stock housing. The MAF was to big so I have some stuff ordered for it, however while I wait, I left the air filter out of the stock housing and took the housing completely off. I have a little more whistle but the butt dyno said more power???

So can someone also take their filter out of the housing and take the housing off and let me know what your butt dyno says.

I may be retarded and wasnt expecting a difference but I sure think I feel one

Old 04-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IR0NS1N
Ok so I'm chaning my MAF housing so I took my air filter out of its stock housing. The MAF was to big so I have some stuff ordered for it, however while I wait, I left the air filter out of the stock housing and took the housing completely off. I have a little more whistle but the butt dyno said more power???

So can someone also take their filter out of the housing and take the housing off and let me know what your butt dyno says.

I may be retarded and wasnt expecting a difference but I sure think I feel one
I don't have a whipple but when I ran my magnacharger without a filter and no housing either, just the pipe, in fact, just today I forgot to put it back in after doing some tweaking (doing a hundred things at once) and it got alot louder and alot more people would stop what they were doing and look for the source of the sound, but didn't notice any power increase, I am going to the dyno soon and am thinking about doing one run without the filter, one with the stock intake setup and then one on my modified setup...just to see.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh I kept the filter on, but took the housing off. I dunno I could be goofy.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by batn68
I don't have a whipple but when I ran my magnacharger without a filter and no housing either, just the pipe, in fact, just today I forgot to put it back in after doing some tweaking (doing a hundred things at once) and it got alot louder and alot more people would stop what they were doing and look for the source of the sound, but didn't notice any power increase, I am going to the dyno soon and am thinking about doing one run without the filter, one with the stock intake setup and then one on my modified setup...just to see.
also curious to see what that port job did to you..

Old 04-25-2009, 04:53 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by batn68

would be interesting to see

Quick Reply: Whipple guys