Intake manifold question

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm new to this community, but I figured I would register on here to get some help in regards to my 2002 Ford F150 with a 4.6L (nickname around town- the 4.6 I wanna be a V8 but I havn't quite made up my mind Litre engine). My question is, though, is about turbocharging my motor. I wanted to know, is there anyone selling a bolt-on kit for my truck? Or, would it be easier to piece together my own and get a local shop to tune it for me? If I have to peice it together, would it be a wise idea to go with what a lot of companies do for their vehicles by using a factory turbocharger off say maybe a Mitsubishi or something like that, or would that be a dumb idea and I should just go with maybe a T3/T4 style turbo? I'm hoping to get everything done by the end of summer, so, I just want to get some questions answered..thanks for anyone that can help !

Old 05-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Toyoracing
I'm new to this community, but I figured I would register on here to get some help in regards to my 2002 Ford F150 with a 4.6L (nickname around town- the 4.6 I wanna be a V8 but I havn't quite made up my mind Litre engine). My question is, though, is about turbocharging my motor. I wanted to know, is there anyone selling a bolt-on kit for my truck? Or, would it be easier to piece together my own and get a local shop to tune it for me? If I have to peice it together, would it be a wise idea to go with what a lot of companies do for their vehicles by using a factory turbocharger off say maybe a Mitsubishi or something like that, or would that be a dumb idea and I should just go with maybe a T3/T4 style turbo? I'm hoping to get everything done by the end of summer, so, I just want to get some questions answered..thanks for anyone that can help !
Welcome to the site.

You should post questions like this in a new thread, instead of in someone else's thread.

And to answer your question there are no bolt on kits. So you'd have to piece together your own kit.

Quick Reply: Intake manifold question