finally ported!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
finally ported!

all right got my blower ported and filled the silencer holes with jb weld, it sound good if i have the hood popped it whines pretty good, only issue i swear the truck is slower then before i had troyer write me some new tunes for the port. i could just be my imagination but i will try to go to the track to find out.:o

Old 05-22-2009, 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by bluebeast06
all right got my blower ported and filled the silencer holes with jb weld, it sound good if i have the hood popped it whines pretty good, only issue i swear the truck is slower then before i had troyer write me some new tunes for the port. i could just be my imagination but i will try to go to the track to find out.:o
lose any boost?

Old 05-22-2009, 04:43 PM
no its still around 8 -9lbs i think its in the tune im going to run it at the track to see if it really is truely slower but ill let ya know

Old 05-22-2009, 05:12 PM
no its still around 8 -9lbs i think its in the tune im going to run it at the track to see if it really is truely slower but ill let ya know

Its got to be faster did you get your new tunes?

Old 05-23-2009, 09:28 AM
yes i did but im telling you its offical i own a blue turd but i will be racing the truck today ill try to get a video up, i raced a s10 with a 350 in it last night and walked on him pretty good, but def lost bottom end.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:37 AM
I got this off the Stiegemeier website. This was on an 04 Lightning.

After running a multitude of porting designs it has become apparent that the timing of the rotors affects the balance of HP to TQ. If the duration is increased we do make more HP at the sacrifice of low RPM TQ up to a point of 3000 rpm at which the TQ increases 10 ft lbs and HP climbs on an average of 30-35 from 3000-5000.
The TQ loss at low RPM is more noticeable on an automatic vehicle than a stick shift-the manual transmission can easily be shifted at higher intervals to take full advantage of a ported blower. On the other hand, the automatic transmission is just that- it is automated thru the pcm.
To spread out your shift points to take better advantage of your ported blower you must alter the tranny tune start with a 300 rpm increase get a feel for your combination and go from there. Another rotor timing affect is the boost charge before the climb the first stage 4 had a boost charge of 8#s and then a quick climb to 16#s, the “re-clocked” stage 4 had a boost charge of 10#s and a quick climb to 16#s. The first stage 4 makes a few more HP but sacrifices a few ft #s of TQ up to 3500 rpms. The 2 lbs of increased boost charge of the update is noticeable thru the lower rpm the automatic vehicle lives in. All designs tested had a boost increase of 1 ½ #s over a non ported blower.
The best thing to come out of this was a better understanding about the Eaton Supercharger that will allow for more fine tuning of Eaton blowers for automatic Eaton vehicles. These tests were done with a stock (2.93) upper and a 6# lower pulley. If we ran these combos on a Cobra we would over spin the rotors due to the higher rpm redline of the 4 valve engine. For a 6# lower with stock upper run a 68 inch belt. For a 4# lower with stock upper run a 67 inch belt You will need to notch the tensioner. Boost charge and rise was solid on all tests, although total boost numbers varied with design. Current design charges 10 runs to 16.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:56 PM
so if i understand this correctly you had your blower ported and your still running the same tune before the port. now your going to take it to the track with the old tune. i see new motor in your future. i know when i had mine ported it started running very lean. made more horsepower throughout the entire dyno chart but had to be retuned. there was a thread up here a while ago about someone that ported the blower and burned a hole through the piston on the old tune. might want to be careful until you get it tuned

Old 05-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dirtyo2000
so if i understand this correctly you had your blower ported and your still running the same tune before the port. now your going to take it to the track with the old tune. i see new motor in your future. i know when i had mine ported it started running very lean. made more horsepower throughout the entire dyno chart but had to be retuned. there was a thread up here a while ago about someone that ported the blower and burned a hole through the piston on the old tune. might want to be careful until you get it tuned
You must not of read the hole thing or you missed something.
He has a new tune!

Phil

Old 05-25-2009, 12:05 PM
yes i have new tunes and i won the race's, i showed up late and had to run moddified gas class,, not gonna lie i was nervous but only one other fella in the mod class and by the time i hit 150 ft i had at least a truck lenght on him, peolpe were very upset hey phil hows that rear coming.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes i have new tunes and i won the race's, i showed up late and had to run moddified gas class,, not gonna lie i was nervous but only one other fella in the mod class and by the time i hit 150 ft i had at least a truck lenght on him, peolpe were very upset hey phil hows that rear coming.
Hey,Congrats!!

I'm still waiting on my new Eaton diff to get here.

Phil

Quick Reply: finally ported!