Helping a buddy install a Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helping a buddy install a Supercharger

SO... my buddy with the 97 F250 LD with the 4.6L calls me up and tells me he bought a used Powerdyne S/C for his truck and wants help installing it.

Anyway, the kit he got seems to be missing the brackets that relocate the Coil pack and the EGT/EVR whatever solenoids. DOES ANYONE HAVE these to sell, OR can anyone send me a few pictures of them?????

We've converted to an electrical fan since his stock fan interfered with the SC drive belt. The PS resevoir relocation bracket places the resevoir directly over the oil dipstick.

I dunno what's next, but we need to get some kind of idea on what to do about the brackets that are missing.

IF you have these to sell let me know, or If you can get me some pics I would greatly appreciate it! (we can fabricate brackets...the pics will provide an idea to begin with)

Old 05-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The bracket is just a piece of metal that the coil pack mounts to it can be easily made. Here is a link to a mustang installation, although they mount the coils in a different location you can get an idea of what it looks like. If i can be of any help feel free to email me. http://www.powerdyne.com/manuals/96-...mustang-gt.pdf

My installation uses COPs and not coil packs so I can't take pictures that will help. Just try and mount them in the easiest location that the wiring will allow.

The dipstick becomes very hard to get to believe me.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply! We most recently found out the stock pulley has a different bolt pattern than the SC pulley, SO he needs a later model pulley. I believe the kit he got was from a Coil Over Plug engine, but the guy advertised it as fitting a 97 and up...Thus the missing relocation brackets, and wrong pulley bolt pattern.

Your install looks great and you retained the stock throttle body cover which is something he wants to do.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:53 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
sounds like he got a 5.4 kit, I'd try bolting it to a 5.4 stock lower crank pulley and if that's the case they are fairly cheap

Quick Reply: Helping a buddy install a Supercharger