Need some help???

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some help???

I recently had the roush i/c supercharger put into my 06 f150. I have noticed that the engine will start making a pinging,clicking??? sound when I am cruising over 50 mph. It doesn't always happen, actually it only has happened a few times. I tried to talk to the guys at roush but they were pretty vague. I was wondering if anyone would have a clue to what might be the problem. I am using 91 octane and wonder if it would be due to a bad tank of gas or if there is something else wrong. I haven't had any custom tunes put on, just the tune from roush. I know I can take it into the shop where it was installed but I would rather avoid having to dump any more money into this. Two other things that I have noticed is that it doesn't necessarily start making the noise if I really hit the throttle, it seems to happen when I am just accelerating at a normal pace. Finally I did haul a ton of landscaping rocks in my pickup bed yesterday and it was making the pinging noise almost constantly over 50 mph. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Dave

Old 05-28-2009, 10:08 PM
that sounds like detanation my friend i would really take it easy intill you get the a/f ratio looked at you dont want to buy a motor. i would use 93 octane if its available were you are. i would say go to troyer but you wont have tunes for like 10 weeks. i would call roush and see if they would write you new tune. is there any roush dealers near you maybe you could get them to take a peek.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:23 PM
If he has that stock roush tune its a 91 oct tune I hope this guy didnt put in 87 but it could be bad gas toss in some oct boost, I would find a local dyno and get your A/F looked at as bluebeast said

Old 05-29-2009, 12:30 AM
Thanks guys, I have only put in 91 octane, that is as good as it gets here in montana. I figured it was detonation. I am assuming the gas up here really isn't truly 91 octane all of the time. I don't really know who to go to. I guess I can call the guy who installed it but I am not sure what he can even do. Will octane boost added to every tank of gas help???

Old 05-30-2009, 01:09 PM
I would take it to a Ford dealer and have them connect there scan gauge and take the truck for a drive with them to see if you may have a faulty injector.