Too many miles?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too many miles?

Well after thinking alot about i decided getting a house is more important than getting a new truck and the fact i have no vehicle payments i like too. lol.. So i need to make my truck more fun to drive and get a lil more power out of it. It seems like the eaton swap is my best bet, but my truck has 111k miles on it. Is this too many miles to do this swap now? I was going to do the s/c swap with a exhaust and other lil bolt ons. So what you guys think too many miles? The truck is a 2002 F-150 w/ 5.4L motor 4wd.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:18 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
find a used centrufigal kit or look into a lightning / harley eaton take off

the key is in the tune and I assume your truck has had proper maintainence? adn you going to help the tranny out a bit as well???

Old 06-06-2009, 03:24 PM
What kind of tranny upgrades will be needed? Yes i got all papers from the previouos owner of all the tune ups and etc and i keep up with the maintanence also. I was looking into either a harley or lightning setup. My buddy has a 01 lightning that he is putting a KB on and he said i could get the upper off him. Anyone have a link to all the pieces i am going to need?

Old 06-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If your buddy is doing a supercharger swap.About the only thing you would get from him is the blower,intake plenum,throttle body.And if hes going with the newer 2.6 or 2.8 KB you can get his air intake also. The newer KB has a different cia.
So, you will need everything in this pic except for the blower and intake plenum.

You will also need everything on this list,plus a heat exchanger and a tune for your computer.
http://www.madenterprise.com/scparts.htm

Phil

Old 06-07-2009, 12:20 AM
I do not think your mileage will be an issue. I did the lightning blower swap at 190,000 and now I have 215,000 miles with no problems. I am sure I am not the only one with a higher mileage supercharger swap.

Proper maintenance and a good tune will go a long way!

Quick Reply: Too many miles?