1st run:

2nd run:

And the results:

Old 06-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrpositraction
I have the I/C kit.

And the results:
oh ok you DO have the IC. when you said 6-7 psi, i thought you meant you had the non ic kit. the IC kits should put out 8 psi, i thought, but were you only showing 6-7 psi on a boost guage or something?

377 is doable with the IC and a very good number out of the box

Old 06-12-2009, 11:47 AM
I dont think your at 400 yet but I'm sure your close put some headers on there that pill push it over 400

Old 06-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by FX4 Matt
I dont think your at 400 yet but I'm sure your close put some headers on there that pill push it over 400
I've opened the exhaust up quite abit. I am running true dual, manderal bends and exit out the side. All through 2.5"

2 more lbs of boost if more than enough to pick up 25rwhp.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Put more boost to it...

Old 06-12-2009, 12:09 PM
I have the I/C kit.

1st run:

2nd run:

And the results:

Why does it seem like your TQ takes a dive? Is it me or am i looking at the graph wrong?

Old 06-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
Put more boost to it...

I figure I am at the threshold of the stock ring lands. Plus, then I would need to get a tuner and other than 3rd gear shifting lazy under no load I am happy with the Roush tune. Plus, my transmission has been holding on quite well, no need to push it now

I would love to really crank the boost up but I also want it to last.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by weazel
Why does it seem like your TQ takes a dive? Is it me or am i looking at the graph wrong?
That is how a curve looks through an automatic if you don't lock the torque convter. Since I don't have a tuner, I was unable to force the torque converter to lock. I agree, I am used to looking at standard dyno graphs and they make more sense to me, but it is what it is.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What boost level? Out of the box I was making 375rwhp at 6-7psi? Now, with the 9psi (utilizing a higher octane) I should be at least 400rwhp and 500rwtq. (Just for reference)
I am not into the SC on my 4x4 to see how much boost I can run, I have it for the performance it gives for the vehicle. I got my kicks running 14# on my Lightning and 18# on my '03 Cobra. Mike worked his magic on those two vehicles. My 4x4 is my daily driver and tow vehicle and I am very happy with the power it makes for what it is. If I feel the need for speed I will build another truck for that purpose and push it to the max as I usually do when I have the desire to. You never know what my be lurking in my garage.

Old 06-13-2009, 04:05 AM
That is how a curve looks through an automatic if you don't lock the torque convter. Since I don't have a tuner, I was unable to force the torque converter to lock. I agree, I am used to looking at standard dyno graphs and they make more sense to me, but it is what it is.
Mine is a Auto, now i know my Tq wasn't as high as yours, but i am also on 35's and 20's but my TQ curve doesn't seem to dive... this wasn't locked either...

Here is another old graph that has me rolling into the throttle, my tq curve doesnt seem to dive.

Not trying to start any issues just concerned as to why it loses so much tq on the top end

Last edited by weazel; 06-13-2009 at 04:12 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:32 AM
I figure I am at the threshold of the stock ring lands. Plus, then I would need to get a tuner and other than 3rd gear shifting lazy under no load I am happy with the Roush tune. Plus, my transmission has been holding on quite well, no need to push it now

I would love to really crank the boost up but I also want it to last.
Happy with the roush tune? LMAO!

Ring lands weak? Once again who is tell yall this BS? I have been running 12lbs of boost for years now..

Old 06-15-2009, 06:47 AM
That Roush tune just sucks ***!

Old 06-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by FX4 Matt
That Roush tune just sucks ***!
So you are running the same boost I am now, ported and maybe 10rwhp more (actually if you run the numbers, I should be making the exact same you are with the boost increase) than me and probably less torque??????? How is that worth all that money you spent? I have no doubt Troyer is a great tuner, but just to have his name on a tune people think it is that much greater. I have been building cars for a long time and have dealt with many tunes, Roush has done a great job with this tune.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
Happy with the roush tune? LMAO!

Ring lands weak? Once again who is tell yall this BS? I have been running 12lbs of boost for years now..
Once again? When have you attempted to correct me in the past? Congrats on your 12lbs with your vortech. Your 12lbs experienced for a brief second at the top of your rpms is a little different than the 12lbs I would experience from the get go. From my research and reading I feel 9lbs is a great place to stop. I am not trying to break any records, I simply want a truck that is fun to drive for ME. You will grow up some day, I used to have the same mentality....there is always someone bigger and badder.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:00 AM
12lbs from a Saleen/Whipple now.....

I ran for over 3 years with a 12lb pulley, which I had 6lbs pretty much instantly 9lbs by 3500rpm, and slowly went to 12lbs. Hell with my Saleen setup I see at least 6-9 psi nearly every time I leave the stop light at part throttle. Wait I bet I'm supposed to have a built transmission also and only make 300ftlbs of tq, or melt my pistons because I'm still running the stock exhaust manifolds. OMG WHAT TO DO?!?!?!

This truck is my daily BEATER. I BEAT on it, I TOW with it, and I HAUL with it. Regular oil changes? Hell it's lucky if it gets an oil change every 6k miles. Tranny flush? Pan has never been dropped. I Believe it is right at 74kmiles now.

I have fast cars(Heads/cam/bolt/nitrous Viper, Blown 427 92 Coupe, Nitrous H/C/I Stock Bottom End 302 84 GT-350+the many other I have bought and sold over the years), my truck isn't one of them, never will be. So why don't you grow up and listen to people who have been there, done it, and have the t-shirt. Have you ever read of a truck blowing up at 12lbs on a PROPER TUNE? I have been pushing nearly 4 years now with 12lbs of boost 425+rwhp and 450+rwtq.

Hell you said the factory Roush tune is good. That right there takes ANY CREDIBILITY you have away of you knowing WTF you are talking about.

Last edited by FATHERFORD; 06-15-2009 at 10:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Roush supercharger questions...