Im thinking of getting a roush supercharger I/C kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 01:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im thinking of getting a roush supercharger I/C kit

but i dont plan to do all the installation. also i am not sure how my truck will run with the stock parts and what i have installed (installed: K&N 57series FIPK, Magnaflow Exhaust, Edge Programmer).

im also wondering about how the MPG run with the supercharger.

Thanks let me know your thoughts.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:23 AM
I am running mine right now with a 2.93" pulley on the originial Roush tune (comes with a 3.1"). Truck has been running great for 25,000 miles now, thinking of getting a tune and upping the boost some more. The only mods you are going to keep is the exhaust, the Roush gets the PCM flashed and comes with it own intake (which is pretty good, air box is HUGE and pipe is designed well from the air box to the TB).

Before I started lifting the truck and putting bigger tires on I was getting pretty close to stock MPG on the highway and through town if I would play it cool....now, with the tires, lift, and a lot of spirited driving I get about 12mpg in town and 14-15mpg on the highway. I am changing the plugs this weekend, I think some of my mpg went here, might change out my O2 sensors also, the wideband shows them switching pretty slow.

Great, complete kit. I was going to by the Whipple when I was looking at a S/C but I come across a deal I couldn't pass up. At this point I would do it again, but I am thinking bigger down the road so I may regret getting the Roush's M90 supercharger and not getting the twin screw.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by PowerHungryF150
but i dont plan to do all the installation. also i am not sure how my truck will run with the stock parts and what i have installed (installed: K&N 57series FIPK, Magnaflow Exhaust, Edge Programmer).

im also wondering about how the MPG run with the supercharger.

Thanks let me know your thoughts.
Well you would have to ditch the intake and that tuner, other than that your truck will be fine I have over 50K+ with the Roush on my truck with Troyers tunes. I get 18-20 on the hwy and 14-16 in the city

Old 06-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by mrpositraction
At this point I would do it again, but I am thinking bigger down the road so I may regret getting the Roush's M90 supercharger and not getting the twin screw.
The 04+ F150 Roush kits are based on the Eaton M112 1.8L roots superchargers. Roush Mustang kits are M90s.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by GerRod
The 04+ F150 Roush kits are based on the Eaton M112 1.8L roots superchargers. Roush Mustang kits are M90s.
Can anyone confirm this? My Roush is the same size as the M90 on the Grand Prix GTP and is no where near the size of the M112 that was on my Cobra? Unless they changed the body design drastically. I was always under the impression that they were M90's.

The M112 would better fit this engine, and I was surprised when I recieved it that it was so small.

Last edited by mrpositraction; 06-18-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Old 06-18-2009, 01:58 PM
so you cant use the edge evo with the roush S/C? why?

oh and also does roush make a cold air intake setup for the S/C. i mean looking at the box intake couldnt you just put a cone filter on the end instead of the box?

im not a total gear head i will adventually but im in the process of learning still.

Last edited by PowerHungryF150; 06-18-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by PowerHungryF150
so you cant use the edge evo with the roush S/C? why?

oh and also does roush make a cold air intake setup for the S/C. i mean looking at the box intake couldnt you just put a cone filter on the end instead of the box?

im not a total gear head i will adventually but im in the process of learning still.
Troyer will tell you the Roush intake is good enough not to mess with it. Don't cut any holes in it or take covers off. If you haven't seen one, you can put a small child in it. I seriously considered putting two small nitrous bottles on the bottom of the box. (like the 12 or 16oz size)

Old 06-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by mrpositraction
Troyer will tell you the Roush intake is good enough not to mess with it. Don't cut any holes in it or take covers off. If you haven't seen one, you can put a small child in it. I seriously considered putting two small nitrous bottles on the bottom of the box. (like the 12 or 16oz size)
lmfao i have a better on ei seen nitrous in a bag, at this diesel shop they ha da duffle bag with the bottle a needle they stuffed in the air filter and then had 12v from the cig outlet for the solenoid it was awesome. high tech rednecks

just call troyer be perpared for atleast a hour conversation on the phone, the man knows his stuff

Old 06-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by bluebeast06
lmfao i have a better on ei seen nitrous in a bag, at this diesel shop they ha da duffle bag with the bottle a needle they stuffed in the air filter and then had 12v from the cig outlet for the solenoid it was awesome. high tech rednecks

just call troyer be perpared for atleast a hour conversation on the phone, the man knows his stuff
Yeah, I spent over an hour on the phone with him last week, very knowledgable. I just got off the phone with Troyer, working out some last details and then I am going to order the tune.

Quick Reply: Im thinking of getting a roush supercharger I/C kit