Is my V-1 better then my 928motorsport BD-11

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Is my V-1 better then my 928motorsport BD-11

I have a superpowerdyne on my 2001 expedition 5.4L it was upgraded by carl at 928motorsports. it was well worth the money especially for the impeller it sounds so cool compared to a reg powerdyne or a vortech. My question is this i bought a vortech V-1 kit for my truck thinking i would get more power out of this head unit. when i saw my tuner Jay at Ivm motorsports in sparks NV he told me i got too small of a head unit? he said my powerdyne will make more HP then my V-1 do to size and efficiency. He did say while the bd-11 will req more maintenance it will not run a hot as the V-1. I will loss a gator back belt about every 1000 miles if i get on it hard and its hot out but nothing like a POS Gates belt that i will break in about 60miles if i get on it hard, i any way im still slipping a little with my 2.25 blower pulley and 6.5in crank puley no way to get around that but i see 10psi right now . I hate eaton and kennybells a probley any type of roots blower when it comes to hear and timing advance and mostley going up hills or top end there only good for drag racing and detionation i had a bell on my 89gt. 5.0 and it was a heat producing pos so that why i wont but a roots. please help me out here is mytunner right. All mods so far PI heads,pace seter shorty headers, zero cats moded stock y pipe 3in flowmaster cat back 3in,90mm lighting maf,75mm throttle body,accel cop coils,colder cheap spark plugs"not hot platnum/irridum plugs" that cause det in the heat.,snow stage1 boost cooler incorperated into the tune and set to open at 3.5 psi.,#42lime top fi,255 lph fuel pump X1, flex-a-lite fans that kick *** and worth every cent,180degree thermo stat and so on etc etc. WHAT

What No one has input? How about has any else here used snow booster cooler with nitro booster? I poured some of my buddys 20% nitromethanol RC car top fuel into my snow resiavior and say a little jump. ill just wait for the real thing to show up. MY vortech goes on in the next 2 weeks with a 7in crank pulley 8 rib along with the v-1 and a 2.62 blue 928motorsports 8 rib pulley =) =)+++ double digit strong boost here i come

Last edited by nonwoven29; 07-03-2009 at 01:14 AM. Reason: No responces
Old 07-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Have you thought about intercooling?

Old 07-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Your setup sounds dead nuts like my old one. I had a 2001 5.4 in mine with a v-1 on it with a snow stage 2 kit. It was a fun combo, and made great power. I loved it but can honestly say i dont miss it (i never thought i would say it). I wish i would have went with an eaton a long time ago. The kenne bell you had wasnt intercooled was it? Their is a guy local that has a kenne bell on a built 5.0 and it is a turd. Im talking bult motor, heads, cams and runs like 8.50???

Old 07-20-2009, 01:08 PM
I aready have a air to air

Originally Posted by JASON'S98S/C4X4
Have you thought about intercooling?
Yeah I put the air to air in the front grill heres a pic i just wated the air intake a little cooler while in boost. I sold my 89 Gt. back in 98 when i just graduated. I had no aftercooler just a msd boost retard. the car was a total ripper on the streets but it got very hot from pass to pass. it melted the under the hood factory heat cover so i tore it off and the the bell cracked the hood paint? So i decided i wpold go all out with this suv. Ive thought about geting a pusher fan for the front of the cooler it get real hot here in nevada[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by nonwoven29; 07-20-2009 at 01:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Is my V-1 better then my 928motorsport BD-11