Cost to install Vortech Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I unbolted my motor mounts, jacked up the engine, removed the pan and welded a bung to it and then added a tube style adapter. I didn't like the tapping idea, it will get shavings down in the pan and I had a belt come off and pretty much rip it out after my first attempt. I put a nut on the inside of the pan the first time, but after the belt broke and almost ripped it out, I welded it just to make sure. Works great and super strong....

Old 07-08-2009, 12:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by obusnizzle
are you guys tapping the oil pan for the oil supply? have you considered using a galley plug off the head for oil instead?
They are talking about the drain back into the pan. I did have my oil supply from the cyl head, but moved to the oil pressure port which is much more convenient.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by ONELOWF
They are talking about the drain back into the pan. I did have my oil supply from the cyl head, but moved to the oil pressure port which is much more convenient.
Oops your right! Just one more reason I shouldn't stay up so late..... I used a T off of the oil pressure sender as in the instructions, worked fine, but a pain in the a%* to get a wrench on to get tight.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:03 PM
04 up kits tap the valve cover.

Quick Reply: Cost to install Vortech Supercharger