Speedo Correction With RoushCharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedo Correction With RoushCharger

Im currently on the edge of purchasing a Roush Non I/C Supercharger.

I have 35" tires on my truck and I use a EDGE EVO on Level 2 for the tire size correction.

Question 1: I know I cant use the performance tunes, can I use the EVO level 1 tune with tire size adjustment with the Roushcharger

Question 2: Is there another type of tire size adjustment tool I can use with the Roushcharger?

Question 3: Will Roush set the tire size to my specs when I send in the PCM?

Custom tunes are my final goal. But since I want to do other things before I order them, I dont want to have to get custom tunes twice. I'm looking for something temporary to adjust the tire size.

Thanks,
Brian

Old 07-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
It was my understanding that the area within the PCM where the gear ratio and tire size info is stored is separate from the tune. So now that you have your tire size reset for your current tires, you can go back to the stock tune and your tire size will not change until you change it.

If you get your Roush S/C from troyer, you will get an X-Cal III loaded with custom tunes for your S/C and the x-cal 3 also has the ability to change tire size and gear ratio.

Another option is go back to stock with your edge, and if your tire size reverts back to what it was, go to the dealer and have them reprogram your PCM for your new tires, then you can go with the stock out of the box roush tune if you want to. I don't think you need to go that route, you should OK. I think your speedo setting is going to stay the way it is until you change it.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, just what I needed to hear.

Brian

Quick Reply: Speedo Correction With RoushCharger