what gauges do you have

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what gauges do you have

ive got a 06 f150 ive got a dual gauge pod and only have boost in now have not made up my mind yet as to what other gauge i want i would like to have a analog intake air temp gauge but im having problems finding them some other ideas would be nice thanks

Old 07-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by jhunt47
ive got a 06 f150 ive got a dual gauge pod and only have boost in now have not made up my mind yet as to what other gauge i want i would like to have a analog intake air temp gauge but im having problems finding them some other ideas would be nice thanks
hey hows the truck doing?

Old 07-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Fuel Pressure gauge. Preferably one with an electronic sending unit. Almost any other gauge is just a "nice-to-have" but a good fuel pressure gauge is a must-have with a blown vehicle. An AFR gauge is a useless light show until you have one calibrated to your particular combination and setup for datalogging.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by justjames80
Fuel Pressure gauge.
Preferably one with an electronic sending unit. Almost any other gauge is just a "nice-to-have" but
a good fuel pressure gauge is a must-have with a blown vehicle. .

Old 07-28-2009, 11:44 AM
I have the autometer phantom 2 boost/vac and trans temp
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 07-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a Phantom boost guage, phantom wideband, and a Aeroforce gauge that shows me fuel pressure, trans temp, fuel trims, MAF lb/m and a lot of stuff I dont even use. It plugs into the DLC and reads the info off the PCM. It may not be the most accurate gauge for fuel pressure and a few other things, but its good enough for goverment work.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In my truck, on the pillar pod:

1. Vacuum/boost gauge. Not a cheap one, but one with a electronic manifold that calibrates itself every time I put the key in.

2. Wide band O2, with wiring so I can data log it. That's on the left bank. The right bank also has an extra O2 bung in it, so I can plug in my external LC-1 wideband and data log both sides (I've already tested them against each other and they are so close that its useful to have both at once). A must have because I tune the truck.

3. P-tech g-force gauge. Let's me know the results of my tuning efforts, in 0-60, 1/8th, 1/4th results.

On the left side of the dash I have a Dash DAQ. It displays fuel voltage/pressage, tranny temp, IAT, coolant temp (inferred by the PCM on these trucks), RPM, speed, load, fuel trims, spark retard/advance, horsepower, torque, fuel economy and I leave several of the slots open based on what I need to log at the time. Yes, these are all on the screen at once. This way if I need to data log, I just hit the button and it starts saving the values to memory (it'll log about 1-2 weeks of continous driving before the card fills up). I also have it logging GPS position in the background, so I can save that if I need it.

Trending Topics

Old 07-28-2009, 02:40 PM
digital market that sounds very nice and expensive any pics

Old 07-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by DigitalMarket
In my truck, on the pillar pod:

1. Vacuum/boost gauge. Not a cheap one, but one with a electronic manifold that calibrates itself every time I put the key in.

2. Wide band O2, with wiring so I can data log it. That's on the left bank. The right bank also has an extra O2 bung in it, so I can plug in my external LC-1 wideband and data log both sides (I've already tested them against each other and they are so close that its useful to have both at once). A must have because I tune the truck.

3. P-tech g-force gauge. Let's me know the results of my tuning efforts, in 0-60, 1/8th, 1/4th results.

On the left side of the dash I have a Dash DAQ. It displays fuel voltage/pressage, tranny temp, IAT, coolant temp (inferred by the PCM on these trucks), RPM, speed, load, fuel trims, spark retard/advance, horsepower, torque, fuel economy and I leave several of the slots open based on what I need to log at the time. Yes, these are all on the screen at once. This way if I need to data log, I just hit the button and it starts saving the values to memory (it'll log about 1-2 weeks of continous driving before the card fills up). I also have it logging GPS position in the background, so I can save that if I need it.

i have a vac/boost and fuel pressure autometer procomp ultra lite, want to get one of those pods that sit in the vent to i can have a a/f ratio too (make sure it calibrated for the ethanol)

Old 07-28-2009, 07:47 PM

A. Wideband
B. Boost/vacuum
C. P-tech (g-force meter)
D. Dash DAQ w/GPS. I used an Edge tuner mount to hold it, with the help of a Dremel tool to widen the opening and I custom made a rubber cup to hold it in place. Looks stock, and you can remove the Dash DAQ in under 30 seconds.
E. Roush GRS (yeah redundant, but the Dash DAQ can't data log and show you a GPS screen at the same time)
F. Cop spotter aka radar detector

Last edited by DigitalMarket; 07-28-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Old 07-28-2009, 09:56 PM
A/F, FP, boost vac, pyrometer, ScangaugeII

Old 07-28-2009, 10:54 PM
MPH, Tach, couple of temp guages, and a fuel level.

(I'm really sorry guys, I just couldn't resist!)

Old 07-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DigitalMarket

A. Wideband
B. Boost/vacuum
C. P-tech (g-force meter)
D. Dash DAQ w/GPS. I used an Edge tuner mount to hold it, with the help of a Dremel tool to widen the opening and I custom made a rubber cup to hold it in place. Looks stock, and you can remove the Dash DAQ in under 30 seconds.
E. Roush GRS (yeah redundant, but the Dash DAQ can't data log and show you a GPS screen at the same time)
F. Cop spotter aka radar detector
You forgot to point out "G" Tennis ball - Use to keep wife from driving through wall into kitchen.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Boost
Fuel
Trans temp

All 3 have came in handy and/or saved my truck from failure a time or two.

Quick Reply: what gauges do you have