Bypass the Boost Valve or Let it be?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009 | 10:44 PM
|
Question Bypass the Boost Valve or Let it be?

I purchased a 03 Harley Davidson F150, Great Truck however while on deployment I have found a number of upgrades that I want to do. Was wondering if anyone out there has bypassed the Boost Bypass valve? I found instructions online @ www.rpmoutlet.com a simple cheap kit with instructions of how to do this and pick up a few extra pounds of boost.
Am I making a big mistake? That’s the question I want to know from previous F150 Tuners. Also looking to purchase a set of long tube headers any brand better then the other I really like the Bassani’s but they do not have Long Tubes.
Just curious, still have 4 months left on deployment before returning to my ride… It’s gonna be a long one. Look forward to your posts… Thanks

Old 10-14-2009 | 06:48 AM
The stock ECM does not drive the boost bypass valve like the L/HD ECM does so by definition it is bypassed all the time. That is, the vacuum line should have already been blocked depending on who installed. Unless your running the L/HD ECM, then

Last edited by CobraKit; 10-14-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-14-2009 | 03:07 PM
Leave it alone! You will not gain any boost and your blower will run hotter.
Don't wast your time on any header that is not a long tube header.
About the cheapest stainless-steel header is the OBXs and I've heard good things from others that bought them.
Other good ones are Dynatech and Kooks.
And if ya want cheep steel ones go with Pacesetters.

Oh, and stay away from RPM Outlet!!!!! Lots of people have had problems when ordering stuff from them.

Phil

Old 10-14-2009 | 03:24 PM
Truck of the Month
Old 10-14-2009 | 04:15 PM
I have OBX. Nice headers, but they have resonnators vice cats and you can't get spare parts from OBX.

Quick Reply: Bypass the Boost Valve or Let it be?