Lost about supercharger install.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost about supercharger install.

I just bought a svt lightning supercharger off ebay. I getting everything from the intake up. I bought it thinking i could put it on my 2002 supercrew 4x4 with a 5.4l. I was wondering if this would fit on my stock motor, and if so. What other items will i need to buy. I asked the guy i bought this from for some info on how to install this on my truck and he sent me to this web site. Hope you can help. Or was this a wast of time and money. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 10-16-2009, 03:50 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
mad enterprise is the bezst place for the rest of the pieces you need

plan an another $1500-$2000 to get it set up

Old 10-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Send email and I'll send more info. Hopefully when you say intake up that go up to throttle body and includes all solenoids/vacuum lines and the likes.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes it will fit on your stock 5.4
Do you have a pic of what you got or are getting? It's kinda hard to tell you exactly what you need without seeing what you have!
You probably need this list of parts plus a custom tune for your computer to make it work.
http://www.madenterprise.com/catalog/scparts.htm

Phil

Old 10-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Definitely not a waste of time or money. I put a Lightning blower on my truck earlier this year and love it. CobraKit and phil are great resources, and Mike at Mad Enterprise is great to work with. Good luck

Old 10-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
mad enterprise is the bezst place for the rest of the pieces you need

plan an another $1500-$2000 to get it set up
Thanks for the info. I will need to check out mad enterprises. Not sure i will want to spend that much more money. This i can tell will be slow process.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:51 AM
You can still get a lot of parts used? Try NLOC, Lightningrodder, NHTOC. Aslo, PM email and I'll send you some more info.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by CobraKit
Send email and I'll send more info. Hopefully when you say intake up that go up to throttle body and includes all solenoids/vacuum lines and the likes.
Have not recieved the supercharger yet, hope to this week. I do get the throttle body. Not sure on other items. I will check it over and get a list. My e-mail is huntingtonjamie@gmail.com. Thanks

Old 10-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by phil6608
Yes it will fit on your stock 5.4
Do you have a pic of what you got or are getting? It's kinda hard to tell you exactly what you need without seeing what you have!
You probably need this list of parts plus a custom tune for your computer to make it work.
http://www.madenterprise.com/catalog/scparts.htm

Phil
No i do not have it yet. Hope to this week. When i do i will try to post pics. thanks for the web site .

Old 10-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by 2low2slow
Definitely not a waste of time or money. I put a Lightning blower on my truck earlier this year and love it. CobraKit and phil are great resources, and Mike at Mad Enterprise is great to work with. Good luck
You don't happen to remember how much you spent do you? Did you do it yourself? Thanks for the web sites.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by CobraKit
You can still get a lot of parts used? Try NLOC, Lightningrodder, NHTOC. Aslo, PM email and I'll send you some more info.
I will try and get good used parts. Thanks for the info. It will be a slow process.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Sent email. I spent about $2600, I got a good deal on a complete assembly, intake up through trhottle body. Use MAD for a couple specilaty parts and went used for alot of others. Even found a salvage yard on line with an L that I got the IC brackets for. Some things you want new, injectors, coils (might as well replace) hoses, alternator, fuel pump as an example.

Last edited by CobraKit; 10-19-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:24 PM
thanks again for your help. You guys are awesome here. Plain on making this work but need to save some more money to make this happen. This will be a slow process for me.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:44 AM
The link makes me want them even more now I hope we can get something going on a group buy If I get at least 5 people to commit ill call summit and i'm sure i can get something out of them if we have 10 people lets get this thing rolling guys

Old 10-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by fordcrew
You don't happen to remember how much you spent do you? Did you do it yourself? Thanks for the web sites.
I got the supercharger off ebay, guy said it was new, never installed, and it looked pretty clean. it was about 1200 I think, something like that. all the extra parts added up, I had it installed just because it's my dd, so I couldn't afford to have it down for very long.
Be prepared, because the expenses can pile up quickly. I had my trans rebuilt, and then I redid my exhaust to true duals to help lower my boost levels. I think I was at 14, 15 lbs, which was more than I had planned.

Quick Reply: Lost about supercharger install.