+1 For Troyer Performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010 | 03:17 PM
|
+1 For Troyer Performance

I took my truck to a dyno shop a few states over to have it tuned. I felt it needed to be done on an actual dyno versus a mail order tune due to some of the factors and mods done to my truck that might not be on par with a standard tune. The tuner has been having issues with getting it tuned where for some reason it is turning off the injectors at 5200rpms. He posted on a dealer board and Mike Troyer saw my name, and remembered I had bought parts from him. He quickly called me, and then the tuner and has been trying to help. Neither of them has come up with a fix yet, but I was very impressed with the ammount of time he has spent talking to the other tuner to help get my truck up and running.

Old 01-21-2010 | 06:25 PM
What exhaust do you have? I want mine coming out on the driverside to.

Old 01-21-2010 | 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by twinskrewd

That looks like a photo shop pic

Old 01-21-2010 | 09:56 PM
You have to relocate the fuel tank.

Old 01-24-2010 | 06:25 PM
When I talked to mike a couple of weeks ago, about some sparkplug and A/F questions I had, while talking to him he told me about finding the post on the SCT board and triyng to help.. Kinda funny finding this post

Old 01-25-2010 | 08:30 AM
|
Originally Posted by twinskrewd
I have the ford lighting style exhaust... it actually only comes out on the passenger side the sig pic was mirrored and photoshoped some.

Old 01-25-2010 | 08:32 AM
|
Originally Posted by 01lightningsuper
When I talked to mike a couple of weeks ago, about some sparkplug and A/F questions I had, while talking to him he told me about finding the post on the SCT board and triyng to help.. Kinda funny finding this post

Yeah Mike has been loads of help with the current tuner, but leave it to me to have something they have yet to figure out

Old 02-02-2010 | 11:29 AM
MDK
A lot of people don't realize but Mike was one of the founders of SCT. Glad you're getting the help but leave Mike alone man! He just got to my Cobra after 3 months of 2-3 other projects so he's got plenty work to do. I can't have you messing with my completion date, HAHA! JK.

Old 02-02-2010 | 01:34 PM
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
You have to relocate the fuel tank.

not exactly John, it's possible with the stock fuel tank in place (see the saleen supercharged F-150's of your body style)

Old 02-02-2010 | 02:09 PM
|
Originally Posted by MDK
A lot of people don't realize but Mike was one of the founders of SCT. Glad you're getting the help but leave Mike alone man! He just got to my Cobra after 3 months of 2-3 other projects so he's got plenty work to do. I can't have you messing with my completion date, HAHA! JK.
Sorry, but I need my truck back... My current daily driver until it gets home is my mustang on slicks and skinneys which proves to be quite interesting in the rain

Old 02-02-2010 | 04:40 PM
MDK
Originally Posted by KyleB
Sorry, but I need my truck back... My current daily driver until it gets home is my mustang on slicks and skinneys which proves to be quite interesting in the rain
yikes!

yeah we got hit with a bunch of snow here so I wouldn't be driving mine anyway but since mine is actually at his shop it kills me even more. Might be easier if I saw her in my drive way but those guys have to install new half shafts, possible ring and pinion, subframe bushings, new MAF, power steering pump and a brand new return style fuel system w/tank. Problem is I'm moving to Colorado in less than a month and they JUST started. Should take about 2 weeks I would imagine but ya never know cause those guys always find the littlest stuff wrong, which is good, but it takes more time ...

Last edited by MDK; 02-02-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-02-2010 | 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
not exactly John, it's possible with the stock fuel tank in place (see the saleen supercharged F-150's of your body style)
Interesting. Doesn't the flow path stink tho? Aren't there a lot of unnatural bends?

Old 02-04-2010 | 04:31 PM
A lot of people don't realize but Mike was one of the founders of SCT
mike does a good job, but i dont think he was a founder.

some guys named jerry, chris, dave and winston got it developed.

justin from vmp was an employee but i dont know how involved he was.

Old 02-04-2010 | 04:48 PM
MDK
Originally Posted by BROTHERDAVE
mike does a good job, but i dont think he was a founder.

some guys named jerry, chris, dave and winston got it developed.

justin from vmp was an employee but i dont know how involved he was.
maybe founder was the wrong word but he was one of the first. He knows Justin very well, you should ask him about that guy sometime, lol.

Quick Reply: +1 For Troyer Performance