No one get your car dyno tuned here!! READ!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation No one get your car dyno tuned here!! READ!

C.U.N.D.N. Racing in Pearland, Texas!!!

DO Not, I repeat do NOT go here! My buddy has a 2007 Mustang Gt/Cs he bought brand new. With roughly 25k miles on the car he decided to put a Paxton supercharger on, non-intercooled. Cliff the owner/operator of C.U.N.D.N. did the supercharger install on his car. The idiot was able to do the install without breaking something or screwing something up. Im not familiar with the Paxton kits but it sounds like they come with some type of fuel pump you wire up and goes in the tank?? Anyway the guy did mess that up and had to drop the fuel tank and do it all over again while they were suppose to be dyno tuning because he apparently never bothered testing it. Also after the s/c was on, about 2500 miles later his plugs burnt up, the genius put the stock plugs back inand not a colder plug, who doesnt know this???

Now here comes the problem, the DYNO TUNE! MY buddy was new to supercharging when this was happening but he is WELL informed now after all of this. With maybe 5k miles probably less on the new supercharger and dyno tune Cliff did, while we were just driving at 40mph not accelerating the engine threw a rod Thru the block leaving a huge hole in his block! He has the car at a Ford dealership right now which they pulled the engine and showed him what happened. Because of Cliff's great dyno tune, the head of every piston had 1/8-1/4 inch circles pounded in them because of the timing with the valves smacking into them! He also found out his knock sensors were tunred off in the dyno tune so the engine had no chance against the detonation occurring. All of this resulted piston heads splitting and a rod going flying through the block that we couldnt even find!

This dyno tune is costing my friend near $12,000 to fix, despite the fact he is going forged internals and ported heads this time around. Ford also gave my buddy a printout of all the specs of Cliff's dyno tune and it showed he was running a 12.2-4:1 atf, talk about lean!!! And again, the timing was ridiculous it was advanced wayyy to far.

And one other friend of mine who drives a lower 2000 year model that put in a brand new stroker I believe it was. Well had his dynoes with Cliff before this big incident occurred and while on the Dyno Cliff completely screwed up, leaving my buddy to buy new cams, spring, and I cant remember what else at the moment but you get the picture! So please no one go here, I know most of you are pretty knowledgable about s/c, tuning, where to go , etc., but this is for someone who just may not understand why its worth it to pay good money at a GOOD place for a GOOD tune! We are trying to spread this around so feel free to copy and paste this anywhere you like!

Old 01-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, I would sue

Last edited by Bluejay; 01-16-2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: language
Old 01-16-2011, 02:38 PM
C.U.N.D.N. Racing would be renamed to something of my liking by the time I was done with that guy if he screwed my ride up like that.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:39 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackOut07
C.U.N.D.N. Racing in Pearland, Texas!!!

DO Not, I repeat do NOT go here! My buddy has a 2007 Mustang Gt/Cs he bought brand new. With roughly 25k miles on the car he decided to put a Paxton supercharger on, non-intercooled. Cliff the owner/operator of C.U.N.D.N. did the supercharger install on his car. The idiot was able to do the install without breaking something or screwing something up. Im not familiar with the Paxton kits but it sounds like they come with some type of fuel pump you wire up and goes in the tank?? Anyway the guy did mess that up and had to drop the fuel tank and do it all over again while they were suppose to be dyno tuning because he apparently never bothered testing it. Also after the s/c was on, about 2500 miles later his plugs burnt up, the genius put the stock plugs back inand not a colder plug, who doesnt know this???

Now here comes the problem, the DYNO TUNE! MY buddy was new to supercharging when this was happening but he is WELL informed now after all of this. With maybe 5k miles probably less on the new supercharger and dyno tune Cliff did, while we were just driving at 40mph not accelerating the engine threw a rod Thru the block leaving a huge hole in his block! He has the car at a Ford dealership right now which they pulled the engine and showed him what happened. Because of Cliff's great dyno tune, the head of every piston had 1/8-1/4 inch circles pounded in them because of the timing with the valves smacking into them! He also found out his knock sensors were tunred off in the dyno tune so the engine had no chance against the detonation occurring. All of this resulted piston heads splitting and a rod going flying through the block that we couldnt even find!

This dyno tune is costing my friend near $12,000 to fix, despite the fact he is going forged internals and ported heads this time around. Ford also gave my buddy a printout of all the specs of Cliff's dyno tune and it showed he was running a 12.2-4:1 atf, talk about lean!!! And again, the timing was ridiculous it was advanced wayyy to far.

And one other friend of mine who drives a lower 2000 year model that put in a brand new stroker I believe it was. Well had his dynoes with Cliff before this big incident occurred and while on the Dyno Cliff completely screwed up, leaving my buddy to buy new cams, spring, and I cant remember what else at the moment but you get the picture! So please no one go here, I know most of you are pretty knowledgable about s/c, tuning, where to go , etc., but this is for someone who just may not understand why its worth it to pay good money at a GOOD place for a GOOD tune! We are trying to spread this around so feel free to copy and paste this anywhere you like!
#1 sounds like your friend failed to research before he started messing with his car...

#2 if the valves hit the pistons then the TUNE / supercharger had nothing to do with that (Detonation is a different story and I'm sure you and your friend and his new mechanic are unable to tell the difference).

#3 I'm not going to spread anything around except the fact that you are a lil' mis informed about the entire situation and are only spreading rumours and slandering a shop when you don't know everythign that happened...

Old 01-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Are you sure he dropped the tank because you get access to the fuel pump from the back seat.

Anyway, sounds like the guy really screwed up. I'd recommend Brenspeed. I have their tune for my Saleen SC and have had no issues.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Yeah me and my two buddies with the cars that got screwed up are going to take a ride up there with the specs of his dyno tune and how bad it was to get money out of him. He better refund at least the money for the dynotune or some serious is going to go down at the shop.

Last edited by Bluejay; 01-16-2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: language-watch it please
Old 01-16-2011, 02:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Second hand information speed shop bashing on the internet is never cool.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:50 PM

Yeah me and my two buddies with the cars that got screwed up are going to take a ride up there with the specs of his dyno tune and how bad it was to get money out of him. He better refund at least the money for the dynotune or some serious is going to go down at the shop.
sounds like you and your husbands will enjoy your jail terms IF you don't get killed

Last edited by Bluejay; 01-16-2011 at 03:11 PM. Reason: language in quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Stealth
Second hand MIS-information speed shop bashing on the internet is never cool.
fixed it for you

Old 01-16-2011, 02:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tarajerame
fixed it for you
Exactly!

Old 01-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 135 Likes on 112 Posts
Ford also gave my buddy a printout of all the specs of Cliff's dyno tune and it showed he was running a 12.2-4:1 atf, talk about lean!!!
12.2 to 4:1 is rich. Even if you meant 12.2:1 through 12.4:1 is still rich. stoichiometric is 14.7:1

Old 01-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
I'm going to close this thread, mostly for the reasons cited by Stealth and tarajerame. The information provided about this tuning shop is all second-hand and there's really no proof that it actually happened.

In addition, it appears the OP may not be too clear about some of the details.

IF, the OP's friend wants to join the forum and supply a detailed account of the damage and an independent analysis of the cause, that is fine. Otherwise, this is just hearsay, and should be treated as such.

- Jack

Old 01-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
#1 sounds like your friend failed to research before he started messing with his car...

#2 if the valves hit the pistons then the TUNE / supercharger had nothing to do with that (Detonation is a different story and I'm sure you and your friend and his new mechanic are unable to tell the difference).

#3 I'm not going to spread anything around except the fact that you are a lil' mis informed about the entire situation and are only spreading rumours and slandering a shop when you don't know everythign that happened...
Ok first off, I already stated my friend did not know very much about supercharging at the time. Which is why he paid someone to do it for him, thats what shops are for right??? And ya its a hard lesson learned but it wasnt my friend who screwed up the tune and two vehicles.

Um doesnt the timing cause the valves to collide with the piston head?The issue with the detonation was the fact he had his knock sensors turned off and just had no warning it was detonating.

I dont see how im spreading rumors here just trying to inform people of what happened with this shop, how is it a rumor if its true? Wouldnt you like to know before you go somewhere that it has bad reviews? But the only way is by forums like this where people search for information on topics like this. And I understand second hand bashing isnt real "cool" when it wasnt my truck, but i tell you what. When he does his write up of everything wrong with the TUNE I will get it from him and post it here quoted word for word from him. And until then i will edit my post and just say I do not advise you to use CUNDN Racing.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:14 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
BlackOut - you slipped your last post in just before I closed the thread. No harm, no foul.

Again, if your friend has good evidence that the dyno shop damaged his truck, HE should be the one to talk about it, not you. Don't worry about editing your posts though - they can remain.

- Jack

Quick Reply: No one get your car dyno tuned here!! READ!