Amsoil Signature Series extended mileage use?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012 | 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Takeda
Scamsoil is nothing more than a blender and packager of oil. They buy their base stock from REAL oil companies.
WOOOW...you say this so negatively like it's some big dark secret you just revealed for the first time like some tabloid news flash.

The real problem is they use a pyramid marketing scheme that highly inflates the price of their products, and this is why they push extended oil change intervals to justify the high prices. .

They don't push extended intervals to justify the higher prices, the push the intervals because the product is bult, capable, and up to the task. Guys like you focus on the sticker price when in reality, if you use the product as intended, it's actually cheaper than most any other route.

Also, if your vehicle is still under warranty, only a few of their oils are API certified. ALL US vehicle manufacturers require the use of API certified oil products for the warranty to stay valid..

If this is a spot of contention for you, then Amsoil has a product to meet your needs, concerns and desires. If you are smarter than that, and know enough about oils to not be worried about the cert, then Amsoil has an industry leading product for you as well.

http://www.amsoil.com/news/2008_worr...warranties.pdf

https://myaccount.amsoil.com/Dealer/...nusonMoss.aspx

And check this TSB from Scamsoil out. For manufacturers with engines known to sludge, they recommend using XL (an API certified oil) and
following the manufacturers recommended oil change interval, none of this 15K mile BS!

And what' the problem with doing this?

Some engines are more prone to sludging than other engines. VW and Audi have these engines, so they developed their own test and specs for oil
sludging. Here are the oils that PASS their tests:

http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/500/vw_tb_17-05-04.pdf

http://dejong947.com/audi/tsb/audi.tb.17-05-01.pdf

Notice there are NO Scamsoil products listed, but Mobil 1 is.
Completely irrelevant that Amsoil is not on this list. They probably didn't pay to be on this list.

Old 01-11-2012 | 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Galaxy
WOOOW...you say this so negatively like it's some big dark secret you just revealed for the first time like some tabloid news flash.

They don't push extended intervals to justify the higher prices, the push the intervals because the product is bult, capable, and up to the task. Guys like you focus on the sticker price when in reality, if you use the product as intended, it's actually cheaper than most any other route.

If this is a spot of contention for you, then Amsoil has a product to meet your needs, concerns and desires. If you are smarter than that, and know enough about oils to not be worried about the cert, then Amsoil has an industry leading product for you as well.

http://www.amsoil.com/news/2008_worr...warranties.pdf

https://myaccount.amsoil.com/Dealer/...nusonMoss.aspx

And what' the problem with doing this?

Completely irrelevant that Amsoil is not on this list. They probably didn't pay to be on this list.

I have found it's a lost cause to argue with people that have been brainwashed by Scamsoil.

Like downplaying API certification, and then recommending XL (which is API certified) and adhering to manufacturers OCI in harsh applications.

Old 01-11-2012 | 06:19 PM
I have seen these arguements before on other forums. It does seem that with Amsoil it is love or hate. Kinda like the ladies arguing over Mary Kay lol.

While I am on the fence with the stuff I must say no tuner nor engine builder nor racer has ever said to me to run Amsoil. While they have all said use Mobil 1. Just a thought.

Old 01-11-2012 | 06:28 PM
I have found it's a lost cause to argue with people that have been brainwashed by Scamsoil. .

Ahhhh, it's OK dude, we understand. We'll call a draw cause we feel the same way about you non-conformist ...who continue to bash the product for no profound apparent reason beyond a lack of understanding; despite all the positive, supporting, evidence to negate all your negative claims.

Old 01-12-2012 | 11:23 AM
sooooo does anyone run a bypass filter on a gas engine?

I have one for my diesel, but never seen one installed on a regular f150.

Old 01-12-2012 | 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD

For all practical purposes, it's complete overkill on a gas motor. Just going by tech data on what the filter filters out and what it actually accomplishes compared to a few results listed around BITOG and other places, it's not worth it. The oil usually holds up on its own with a quality filter.

Having said that, if I didn't already have a (very expensive) remote filter that allows me to run a very large conventional filter, I'd have one just for the cool points and added capacity alone. But that's just me.

Old 01-12-2012 | 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD

There are many who have them on gas engines. A bypass system and a preluber would be the best combo if you want to keep it running as long as possible, most vehicles fail in other areas before the motor though, but in a FI setup it may help more than NA. Up north here the body usually goes first so we just do it for fun . Cartridge or TP filters can filter pretty well to a couple microns. A lot better than the normal 20 micron efficiency.
I'll try to keep on topic here by saying a bypass system will help in efforts to extend drain intervals.

Old 01-12-2012 | 02:56 PM
|
The filter is a great addition to extended the change.

But I still have the oil to worry about first...
I've been running motorcraft blend since the beginning, from my previous research in the past my conclusion was its a rather superior product compared to many others. That was just my conclusion though.

Old 01-12-2012 | 04:35 PM
^ Yep, you can't take hamburger and make it a steak no matter how many seasonings you put in. But that steak would taste even better with a marinade. Sorry for the analogy but it's my best way of relating it to oil. A poor oil won't get better with filtration, but you can keep a good oil going better. Motorcraft (Conoco Phillips is the manufacturer) makes a pretty stout blend, there are oils that may hold up better in your application though. Do a UOA with what you've been doing and get a baseline of where you're at. If it's not shearing, changing grade, etc and you still have enough TBN to go longer, go longer. Don't fix it if it isn't broken, but if you have no way to know you're just shooting in the dark. If you find the oil isn't holding up over what OCI you want, then find another.

Old 01-12-2012 | 04:56 PM
^^^^^Best advice in this whole thread!!! Without the test we are pissing in the wind.

Old 01-12-2012 | 05:18 PM
Old 01-12-2012 | 06:27 PM
So I have spent quite a few hours over the past few days looking in to Amsoil and trying to compare it with other oils. And I am no longer on the fence. I think its buttload of crap in a bottle for a high price. Now I'm sure the supporters will fire all sorts of "facts" and "test results" at this thread. Don't bother I have read and read and read till my eyes are crossed. Heres why I feel this way...

In all the searching and reading I have found website after website with names like alternative energy resource, smart synthetics, synthetic lubes, ultimate synthetics, and on and on and on. All with comparision test performed by an "independent lab". Every phucking page the same. Amsoil wins on every possible level against everybody tested and before long you realize you have been reading a bunch of Amsoil propaganda. And eventually the hook line and sinker, "to order amsoil"...Bull freaking crap!!!!! Even in test where the Amsoil didn't win on every level it is the only oil mentioned in any comments with the test. Now if this test would have been done by a real independant lab you would see comments on all throughout. For example when Motortrend compares cars or trucks. They will tell you pros and cons of each or at least how two performed equally well. Oh but Amsoil has no cons. Again BS! Funny also that when Amsoil doesn't show up for a test its because they didn't pay to be in it. Again BS! I'll not give this company my money for the simple fact they have far to much propaganda preaching their gospel according to them and suckering people into their pyramid little cult. Snake oil and very expensive at that. Rant off.

Old 01-12-2012 | 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by twinskrewd
So I have spent quite a few hours over the past few days looking in to Amsoil and trying to compare it with other oils. And I am no longer on the fence. I think its buttload of crap in a bottle for a high price. Now I'm sure the supporters will fire all sorts of "facts" and "test results" at this thread. Don't bother I have read and read and read till my eyes are crossed. Heres why I feel this way...
Like I suggested earlier in this thread, bypass all the marketing stuff and look at VOA and UOA from others on how the oils perform. Every company, large and small, can do all the testing they want. Through the nature of scientific testing, every test is flawed IMO. In my book analysis and real results are the only good predictors of an oil's performance. I'm not going to totally discount a company for cheesy marketing if they have a stout oil, but I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon either because of it.

Old 01-12-2012 | 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by twinskrewd

In all the searching and reading I have found website after website with names like alternative energy resource, smart synthetics, synthetic lubes, ultimate synthetics, and on and on and on. All with comparision test performed by an "independent lab". Every phucking page the same. Amsoil wins on every possible level against everybody tested and before long you realize you have been reading a bunch of Amsoil propaganda. And eventually the hook line and sinker, "to order amsoil"...Bull freaking crap!!!!! Even in test where the Amsoil didn't win on every level it is the only oil mentioned in any comments with the test. Now if this test would have been done by a real independant lab you would see comments on all throughout. For example when Motortrend compares cars or trucks. They will tell you pros and cons of each or at least how two performed equally well. Oh but Amsoil has no cons. Again BS! Funny also that when Amsoil doesn't show up for a test its because they didn't pay to be in it. Again BS! I'll not give this company my money for the simple fact they have far to much propaganda preaching their gospel according to them and suckering people into their pyramid little cult. Snake oil and very expensive at that. Rant off.

+1 Now you can see why I use the term "brainwashing" earlier!! The pyramid marketing scheme company prey on the "weak"! Another thing
Scamsoil is good for is deception! They will put the API certification code
on the bottle label, when the product isn't API certified at all!!

Here are a couple good articles on Pyramid (mutli-level) marketing companies:

http://www.falseprofits.com/MLM%20Lies.html

http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/...PyramidSchemes

Old 01-12-2012 | 08:50 PM
^ Ok we all get you don't like their company structure and method of business, but what does it have to do with oil or extended drain intervals in forced induction applications?

Quick Reply: Amsoil Signature Series extended mileage use?