harley swap to an n/a 01 2v 5.4

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012 | 02:17 AM
|
harley swap to an n/a 01 2v 5.4

1. If i have the stock vacuum lines from a harley complete with boost solenoid and all those sensor connections can i still use my na harnees which is already modified to reach iac tube etc... Or do i have to swap the harnees to a harley harness as im going to use boost solenoid with all the sensors that it comes with and with harley vacum lines?

2.can i use and aftermarket hub with a pulley ring for my crank pulley ot would i need the harley harmonic balancer to make it work or would it bolt on perfectly as mine is an na 5.4 ?

Old 10-29-2012 | 09:57 AM
Truck of the Month
1 yes, use the N/A wiring harness

2 yes, an aftermarket supercharger drive pulley will bolt to your stock harmonic balancer, it's the stock caged pulley that doens't like to work with the N/A balancer

Old 10-29-2012 | 01:09 PM
|
1.greatt!!!

2. What psi size should i get as i want it stock right now and dont want to blow up engine again?

Old 10-30-2012 | 07:53 AM
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by California
1.greatt!!!

2. What psi size should i get as i want it stock right now and dont want to blow up engine again?
1 -

2 - nothing more than a 2#er since you want a stock MAF and don't have a MAFia (and NO WOT at anything less than 60* F)

Old 11-01-2012 | 10:42 AM
|
vaccums

my na harness does not have extra cables to plug in to
the boost bypass vacuum solenoid
and barometric presurre sensor

so in this case what should i do with the vacuum line that plugs to the boost bypass go mods leave it as is or whats the deal in this case

Old 11-07-2012 | 07:16 AM
If you have HD vacuum lines, why not use them? You can use either electrical engine harness, just make sure you tell your tuner which IAT your using. Also, when you buy aftermarket lower pulley, you need the ring that goes between that and the NA hub. Call up one of the companies and tell them you have a 99/00 L, those used NA hubs, newer L/HD had a larger hub.

Old 11-12-2012 | 03:16 PM
|
Originally Posted by CobraKit
If you have HD vacuum lines, why not use them? You can use either electrical engine harness, just make sure you tell your tuner which IAT your using. Also, when you buy aftermarket lower pulley, you need the ring that goes between that and the NA hub. Call up one of the companies and tell them you have a 99/00 L, those used NA hubs, newer L/HD had a larger hub.

i will be using the harley vacuums and will be using my na harness iat would only be one. my questions here is how do i route my vacumm line as im going to have to delete the boost solenoid and the barometric sensor as my n/a has no connectors available for those 2 sensors

and i bought an lfp #2 lower crank pulley hope i dont have a problem with that hub that came with it

and what belt can i use on this?
stock harley upper pulley
stock idler pulley
and ofcourse #2 lower

i believe is 66.5" to 67"
where can i get that correct size belt?

Old 11-13-2012 | 07:09 AM
If the LFP pulley was for 01-04 L it will bolt up, just won;t be hub centric. I would guess that LFP would sell you the hub centric ring for a couple bucks. It keeps the pulley concentric with the NA hub. Same pulley!!!

As for vacuum its been 90K miles since I swapped the blower on. But I do have a vacuum schematic if you want. Send email.

Quick Reply: harley swap to an n/a 01 2v 5.4