Ati

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2001 | 04:21 PM
what a joke?

didnt know good spelling and grammar were required to build a fast car.

let this tread die. the 10.02 truck will never surface.

Old 08-18-2001 | 05:53 PM
Suspended
Arrow

i tell you what , i live in san antonio and wouldn't mind getting away for the weekend ... let me know when you are going to run the beast and i will be at ennis ....make it a friday or saturday . i will bring a video camera and we will see what you got (the whole board will see because i would post it either way / good or bad ) heres my email when you are ready
sastang@juno.com ....

Old 08-18-2001 | 08:13 PM
Thumbs down

HI!... My truck runs mid 14's (14.52) and it don't scare me. Actually I find it slow. I practically fall asleep while driving it anymore. I can't believe the vehicles I beat with it on the street. As for the 10.02e.t run with that truck, I'll belive it when I see it. My pro-street ranger is half the weight of that truck and has no traction problems and way more H.P and I in the 9's!!!!!!! One word "VIDEO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-19-2001 | 01:42 PM
Banned
this means no race well that really sucks.

Old 08-19-2001 | 08:29 PM
|
I will race you

It is on. Once the new truck is built. I will run f150 vs f150 full street trim (no slicks). This means full interior etc. on street tires. No motor swaps, I will check numbers. You are in Miami so we need to decide who goes where. Also before anyone makes a trip each party will have a cashiers check in the amount of 5000 made out to the other party and scanned so we can each have a copy (In our e-mail not on the board). Once the truck is done and ready I can either e-mail or post on the board just let me know what you want to do. If I come down there I will get directions for the track and times so I can do a test and tune before we run same goes if you come up here. I think I would rather come there since the air is better (depending on time of year). It should not take to long to build the new one but like I stated earlier it will done in stages for knowledge and times. Also you stated you have more than one car. I will also race you import vs import against my nissan for some cash or giggles or fun whatever. I do not want to make enemies just friends, but friends can take each others money every now and then. There is no reason for flaming so all the ones flaming here get a freakin life. All the others we will learn alot along the way and have a laugh or two as parts break or do not work. Anyway I am looking forward to this win or loose. Hey are you anywhere near southbeach? I would love to go and hang.

Old 08-20-2001 | 12:46 PM
Thumbs down

Horse****!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-20-2001 | 01:19 PM
Re: Beating a path!!!

Originally posted by Crash!
STX/98-

Call me. I will take you for a ride in my Magnacharged 4.6 L, on a nice cool night. Since I ran the 14.6, I have removed the fenderwell restriction, added the K&N (which actually CREATES a restriction in the factory airbox on BLOWN applications), modified the airbox, added traction bars, and I JUST GOT MY CHIP BACK FROM MIKE!!! Just not sure I have hit 13.99s YET.

I think you will be surprised! In fact, I SCARE the HELL out of alot of people, and I am ALWAYS being told I am too agressive. And think about it. I am only hitting 90 in 4 blocks. Just wait until i am able to hit 130 in 4 blocks...
I
With your setup I'd definately believe low 14'a and even high 13's... The low 10's Skidmark was stating is hard to believe. With that said, that doesn't mean I think he's lieing, but let's admit for a truck that started off in the high 15's or low 16's, low 10's is hard to believe!!! Even if you had the power, I don't see how you could get the traction for a 10 second run even with slicks. Again, I have NO question you guys know a LOT more about this stuff than I do, and for the reason I'll take your word for it. Don't confuse 'flaming' for people useing common sense in evaluating your 'claims' as far as times go. While you and Skid verywell may know what you're talking about, there's too many people out there that have no idea what there talking about that throw claims out there on what they can run that are so far fetched it's funny. And with you guys living around here close to me, you should know what I'm talking about!!!

Old 08-20-2001 | 09:20 PM
BLAH!

Can anything else on the truck support it????

Last edited by STX/98; 08-20-2001 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-20-2001 | 09:49 PM
|
Stock

NOPE, well not for long anyway.

Old 08-20-2001 | 10:09 PM
Suspended
Question

okay .. i have some questions for crash or skidmarks
1. who owned this truck ?
2. was the engine stock or not (as far as longblocks go) ?
3. was the truck a 5 speed or automatic ?
4. was the blue truck w/ white stripes the truck ?
5. did it run these "times" with the tires in the picture (before wrecked ) ?

just want to get the record straight

Old 08-21-2001 | 03:28 AM
I hav a few answers

1. It was skidmark racings truck
2. I think it was a stock motor(either crash or skid will verify this)
3. It was an automatic
4. Yes it was the blue truck with the white stripes
5. I think the tires were the ones in the picture, runat a lower pressure.Crash,Skid?

Old 08-21-2001 | 08:13 PM
i thought people would be banned for discussing this anymore.

do vendors get a 2nd chance?

Old 08-21-2001 | 09:57 PM
Suspended
Talking

GAME OVER !!

for now ..... ouhaaaaaaa !!!

Old 08-22-2001 | 07:12 PM
Crash!

I would love to see the video of a run, when do you think you will be able to tape it?

Old 08-22-2001 | 08:43 PM
I can slow this thread down! I'm a newbie 1999 F-150 Lariat owner. Bought a month ago (newsed truck, 31K miles). I have the K&N FIPK, a Superchip and a Gibson SI/SO side swept exhaust.
I will be towing a fifth wheel, I'm 41 years old with a family. I NEED reliablity, but also more more power for towing and more power for my mid life crisis. What kit can a backyard mechanic install (none?, fine, I can take that, but don't BS with that regard). Will any of these things give me juice between 1000 and 3500 rpm? That will be my operating range. I don't race, but don't mind turning some heads, but the low end is where I need the juice.
So, instead of all of these race challanges, and testosterone generating posts, what can I get for the family man that can't lose to a Honda, and still needs reliabilty and towing power. If it's too much, say skip it, and I will stay with what I've got. Not here to impress, for sure.
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Ati