Ati

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002 | 12:11 PM
|
It made a little over 500hp to the rear tires in daily driver trim. With that pass I have no idea where I was at with HP. We will just say that the boost was turned up (a little bit) for that pass. Never had a chance to dyno or back up the run because the truck got KIA by a minvan (all mini-vans are a sign of pure evil)

My current truck is making over 400HP in daily driver trim. a few more motor mods and I will have it turned up to 500hp.

Now once I change the internals with pistons and rods I plan on turning it way up to make a pass and see what it will do. I will have to correct some issues with the tranny first. With the pass in my old truck I broke parts in the tranny (mainly third gear band), but I know what needs to be done to correct the issues. I would love to push a SCREW in the 10's but I dont know if I can because of the weight. Heck this thing is a brick. However I am already in the high 13's with it (I have knocked over 3 seconds off of the stock time).

Old 08-04-2002 | 01:06 AM
Hey Skidmark. ...just cruised over and saw this thread....now while i have a hard time believing the 10 sec truck story, that's my problem, not yours.

You say your new truck is making over 400 HP and running 13's...what do you have done to it so far to make this HP and times?

Not flaming, just wondering.

I got a 97 Xcab 5.4auto and it runs low to mid 16's in the Houston heat and humidity...

Once again, what do you got done to the current truck?

Oh, you say you got that 10 sec run on video, where's the link? I wanna see it.

No offense, just curiousity.

Old 08-04-2002 | 10:14 PM
|
go to http://www.skidmarkracing.org enter and then go to the vids section and download it.

I am running the ATI procharger setup with fuel mods etc. When I am done I will do a complete list with dyno results. I do not want to post a mod until I have proven that it makes more reliable power. The dyno graphs can be seen in my gallery at http://www.f150world.com/skidmarkracing, the dyno graph posted there is with an out of the box tune. I have done several upgrades since then with pullies and injectors, MAF etc. I am going to spend some time on the dyno this next saturday to do some tuning and will post the graph.

Old 08-04-2002 | 11:54 PM
Cool

HI!... SKID : I think DAN was reffering to the VID of your old blue F-150 that went 10"s in the 1/4 mile with the ATI, not your current truck going high 13's. I'd kind a like to see it too if you don't mind posting it. Thanks.

Old 08-05-2002 | 10:40 AM
|
ooops my bad. Neal you are right on the video reference.

Sorry guys I do not have that run on tape. The run was made at the track while we were testing the pro-mod bike. We had some time left so we jumped on it.

Blue met her demise before anything could be documented other than a single time slip.

Because of that I am documenting everything on the SCREW with video and dyno numbers. We are doing the same thing on Crash!'s truck as well.

As far as Blue is concerned alot of people assumed that I was running stock boost levels. This is not the case. Lets just say I was a little above stock boost levels . I am sorry that I did not get to back the run up.

Old 08-06-2002 | 01:12 AM
Originally posted by skidmarkracing
ooops my bad. Neal you are right on the video reference.

Sorry guys I do not have that run on tape. The run was made at the track while we were testing the pro-mod bike. We had some time left so we jumped on it.

Blue met her demise before anything could be documented other than a single time slip.

Because of that I am documenting everything on the SCREW with video and dyno numbers. We are doing the same thing on Crash!'s truck as well.

As far as Blue is concerned alot of people assumed that I was running stock boost levels. This is not the case. Lets just say I was a little above stock boost levels . I am sorry that I did not get to back the run up.
I know this is an old issue but I still have hard time believing that you were making 700+ RWHP
And more imprtantly were able to get it to the ground
Doug

Old 08-06-2002 | 08:49 AM
Re: Give ME a shot of N2O and a pair of slicks, and I will probably run 12s too.

Originally posted by Crash!
Can you verify the weight of a Nastruck? I did not know they were lighter. I thought Neal had the lightest configuration (Flareside). In the styleside, If it has carpet and power windows (especially the automatic), it is *probably* not as light as mine. I am simply curious. I have NOT weighed my truck.

A vendor that doesn't have access to a scale. I would think it at least a little important to know the vehical weight when pondering performance mods

Old 08-06-2002 | 12:40 PM
|
Doug...I thought you were a moderator not an instigator

Everyone the blue truck is a mute point. It is dead, it is gone, it aint comin back.

Who said we did not have access to a scale? It was stated that the truck had not been on a scale YET

Are we gonna buy a scale (nope, go price one) besides why buy one when you can roll across one for free along any major freeway , or better yet at your local track (if they have one)

OH and doug, I am almost done with stage 2 on my truck. When complete I would love to run you. I want to get some side by side numbers with a modded "L" so I can see what areas to focus on when I begin stage 3

Old 08-06-2002 | 08:13 PM
Cool

HI!... When I last weighed my truck, it weighed in at 4450lbs and that is with me in it (205LBS). Dragrace weight is a bit lighter. As for the STYLSIDE bed being 75lbs lighter than the STEPSIDE? I doubt it very much. A buddy and I removed my box last year to undercoat it and my chassis. If it was'nt so ackward I could of lifted it off myself. I would say my whole bed only weighs in at about 200lbs. Your trying to tell me that a WIDER and ALL STEEL "STYLESIDE" bed only weighs 125lbs? I think not. I have removedboth style beds and the STEPSIDE felt much lighter..... and dent proof, and rust proof!LOL!

Old 08-06-2002 | 09:10 PM
Re: This space reserved...

Originally posted by Crash!
And hell no, we will never buy a scale. In fact, we have yet to find somewhere other than a track or scrap yard with one. All we need to do is weigh in once. . . .
I didn't mean to give the impression that you should buy a scale (even though good quality portable units are relitivly inexpensive) Seems maybe you would be aware of a public scale such as those at most any truckstop, moving company, stone quarry, land fill, freight company, trucking company, etc. that you might take the vehiccal to to verify what Ford's spec book 'tells' you about the truck weight and how it is distributed, that's all, just wouldn't think you would 'trust' a spec book for it

Old 08-06-2002 | 10:13 PM
Doug...I thought you were a moderator not an instigator

~~~~~~~~

OH and doug, I am almost done with stage 2 on my truck. When complete I would love to run you. I want to get some side by side numbers with a modded "L" so I can see what areas to focus on when I begin stage 3
Skid

I have offered to race a number of times. Seems the more $$ I put in mine the slower I go ... But it is more fun on the street and that is where I spend all my time.

I [edit]WASNT trying to instigate. I was just shocked that You seem to keep bringing the subject back up. And everytime I see it reappear I just wonder how BLUE could have been making more RWHP than DonC who has built and upgraded every piece on his lightning just about...

Manley rods, works blower, built tranny, 20 lbs of boost or so etc etc
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...threadid=86055
621 FTlbs of torque and ONLY going 12.1.....

I remain curious... When you wax the crap out of me at the track with similar techniques, I'll be less curious

Doug

PS it was the crap storm that started when this was first brought up so many months ago that got me brought in as Moderator in the first place so I have an interest in seeing the issue die or be put to bed for good..

Last edited by Silver_2000; 08-06-2002 at 11:43 PM.
Old 08-06-2002 | 10:37 PM
|
I agree doug it needs to die. I am not the one who brings it back up, I just try to answer the questions they have. Ole blue is gone and I cannot bring it back.

I dont know about beating you, I have seen your numbers and your truck is very impressive. I am just now beating stock "L"'s. I want the side by side just to get numbers to find out where I need to tune my truck in. It seems that now Leaving the line I jump a length or two out on a stock "L". By the 1/8th they are catching back up unitl I hit third and pull back away from them.

I am hoping to have stage 2 completed and fully tuned by FFW at the end of September. I have been so busy with customers trucks that I have not had time to tune mine. I have all of the parts, just not the tune.

I am hoping to run a mid to low 13 at FFW. I think that should impress a few people considering I am in a SCREW.

Old 08-06-2002 | 11:29 PM
skid and crash have not mentioned the blue truck since it died down , they only reply when someone else ask about it. if the moderator has the ability to delete the thread then i bet the blue truck and its claims would die and i bet skid and crash would be ok with that. that was a bad scene.

how many speed shops or tuners have there own scales?

most people running 14's or 13's dont worry a whole lot about dropping weight. if you run 14.05 sure drop a spare or something to run a 13. since it take about 100 lbs to drop a tenth how much extra weight does a daily driven truck have to loose? our trucks are so heavy that i think if you raced a buddy on the street and then threw 75 #s in the bed you would not see a differnce.

Old 08-06-2002 | 11:46 PM
II am hoping to have stage 2 completed and fully tuned by FFW at the end of September. I have been so busy with customers trucks that I have not had time to tune mine. I have all of the parts, just not the tune.

I am hoping to run a mid to low 13 at FFW. I think that should impress a few people considering I am in a SCREW.
I edited the post above - I meant to say I WASNT instigating. Forgot one letter and it changes everything.

FFW will be a good chance to run it - I hope the weather is cooler. If my press pass is working I wont be racing. It it isnt working Ill be racing in Street Ford. See you there either way

Brotherdave- It may be hard to believe but I have gotten in more trouble for deleting than for posting...
Doug

Last edited by Silver_2000; 08-08-2002 at 12:24 AM.
Old 08-07-2002 | 07:35 AM
Originally posted by BROTHERDAVE
. . . blue truck and its claims would die and i bet skid and crash would be ok with that. . .

how many speed shops or tuners have there own scales? . . .
I'm sure they would be, likily wish they had never made the claim by now as it would have saved a firestorm of posts.

Again, I don't expect that a speed shop or 'tuner' have their own scales. I would expect them to have contacts, ie access though, just like I would expect them to have access to a dyno, machine shop, etc. It's kind of like selling hotdogs without a stand (shop)

Quick Reply: Ati