Black Sticky Oil in Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2002 | 10:51 PM
Thumbs up

I "fixed" my truck about two weeks ago and no oil at all in TB or on the engine and I'm running 12psi.

What I did was replumb my vent tube that was in my TB hose originally and put it right after the mass air meter and before the head unit. that line is now 3/4inch in diameter from valve cover to suction side of blower and I have a check valve that only lets air into the moter at low rpm's and vacuum. To gain a large vent under heavy throttle I put a 3/4 inch tee between the valve cover and the first check valve. I then put second check valve that will only let air out on then to a K&N breather. So simple no unmetered air into engine and no oil in intake. And all for about $27.00. ( I already had the breather)

Old 03-25-2002 | 05:23 AM
|
Hi Guys. That sounds like that might work. Have to figure out the check valves?
What do you think about the kit that Mr. Gasket puts out? Came across it accidently while I was in Checkers last nite. Don't know if it would screw up the smogs though. Tt's called a Crankcase Evactuation Breather/Vent system. for $40.00. Anyway it has a breather cap for each valve cover witch would discharge into two tubes, or check valves I guess? and from there the gases would be carried (in a 5/8 ths heater hose) to each side of the exhaust pipes respectively, and get extracted into the exhaust not the engine. Really it sounds like to me that this would be just for racing ONLY. Thanks, talk about this later, work tomorrow hum!! Drive nice and be save.... Cobra

Old 03-25-2002 | 09:39 AM
Cool

Cobrahms9-I will be getting the reburned chip with the breather mod shipped out tomorrow and I will do the usual reports.

Old 04-21-2002 | 02:35 PM
|
Flats Man

Hi; Flats Man did you find out anymore info on the oil being congested by the blower and pushing it into theTB. Is the fix with the breather? Thanks

Old 04-21-2002 | 08:05 PM
No oil bein sucked in my Ati...fwiw

Frank

Old 04-21-2002 | 11:55 PM
Cool

HI!... Just a side note to this thread. As everyong knows my N/A truck was running massively LEAN for a long time. We finally confirmed this via a scan tool. I disconnected the vacuum line going to the stock non adjustable fuel regulator. This was supposed to increase my fuel pressure by 3-4 PSI at the most. Well it increased it by 10 PSI!!!!!! From 33PSI to 43PSI at idle. Well after hooking up the scanner again it now showed that I was running a bit too rich but still safe to run. I immediately noticed a huge increase in power. By the seat of my pants I would say I picked up about a good 20H.P at least. This is not a mod! It just worked on my truck because it was starving for fuel. One thing I noticed was that my truck would BOG slightly off idle up to 2000RPM and then after that it would pull like crazy. Well on the weekend I bought a K&N filter ($30can) that screws into the passenger's side valve cover where the oil cap goes. Now MIKE T is setting my new FLIP-CHIP up for this mod currently but I have not got it yet. Mike told me that the valve cover breather will lean me out a bit. So I figured what the hell, I'm running a bit rich now so it could'nt hurt. I installed it and HOLY *****!!!!!!! My truck now screams like a raped ape! I think the addition of the breather leaned me out just about perfectly. My truck has never been faster than it is right now!!!!!! If you read my VICTORIES AND DEFEATS thread under COMPUTER CHIPS, you will see how good it is running. I beat a MUSTANG GT that ran 13.69E.T at the dragstrip. We were running on the street at a 20mph roll. He could'nt beleive I beat him and neither could I. He even admitted openly that he was "***** TO THE WALL"! I can't wait till I get my new chip back from MIKE T and my other mods bolted on. I see 13's clearly now! LOL!

Last edited by Neal; 04-22-2002 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-29-2002 | 12:01 AM
Cool

HI!... Here's the K&N valve cover breather that I bought and installed on my truck. It has threads on it and screw right into the oil filler cap tube.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...-793-15771.jpg

Old 04-29-2002 | 09:54 AM
Cool

Hey Neal, Just a heads up on the filter when you install the Magnacharger. When the alternator is relocated, there is no room for the filter to screw on with out hitting the alternator. I am working on a moddified tube with a bend that will allow us to use that breather. I have a spare set of valve covers I will be working on. That might be a good project for you!

Old 04-29-2002 | 07:09 PM
Cool

HI!... FLATSMAN : That won't be a problem for me with the MAGNACHARGER, since my alternator will be relocated to where my A/C compreesor used to be. I'm kinda glad I removed my A/C because I had the look of the alternator where the MAGNACHARGER kit relocates it. Kinda looks "CHEAP" to me. Ya I have 4 sets od 5.4 valve covers and 3 more sets of 5.4 heads to play with. One set of "98" 5.4 non"P.I" and two sets of "99" "P.I" heads. I also have a complete spare "98" 5.4 crate engine. My goal before next WINTER is to fabricate up some sheet aluminum valve covers for my 5.4. That is definately not going to be fun!LOL!

Old 05-26-2002 | 02:25 PM
I was looking in the Lightning section and I saw this: https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...threadid=78616

I thought it sounded good so I gave it a try.

I went to the Home Depot and picked up c couple compressor filters. It kind of looks like hell with the brass fittings and all but in one day, maybe 50mi of driving, there is oil in the filter from the pcv valve. Perhaps this is something that will work. I put a filter on the other side. No oil there yet.
Anyone see any problem doing this!
I've installed it in such a way that I can easily put it back the way it was.
What do you all think?

Quick Reply: Black Sticky Oil in Throttle Body