SuperCrew

Opinions - fixed vs slider rear window

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2000, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does the eletric rear slider go all the way down like the Sport-Trac, or does it just slide back and forth the same distance as a manual slider? TIA

I would like mine to slide down all the way because I want to put a cap on the bed with a boot to crawl in and out of the rear seat. To me, the rear slider is useless unless you're the size of a 6 year old.

------------------
**Dealer installed propane conversion. Delivery: Oct. 21
*Silver* XLT 4x4, 5.4L: power driver's seat, captain's chairs, lim. slip, skids, tow pack, cage, moonroof.
Busy already! Added:
-16x8" Galaxy Centerlines with 265/75/16 Big O all terrain XT's,
-Waag wheel to wheel nerf bars (black with chrome steps)
-Trenz billet grill
-Sprayed black rubberized undercoating on axles, etc.
-Ford locking gas cap
-Gray Husky liners, front & rear
On order: black/chrome pedals, white-faced gauge kit, carbon fiber dash kit, bug deflector, Gray sprayed in bedliner, window & moonroof tint. To install: Pioneer stereo/cd controller, Pioneer 12-disc changer, Pioneer 6x9's in rear, Boston Acoustics comoponents in front, 4-channel amp. & subwoofer from other truck.
Future: cap & rear Altezza lights when they come out

Old 11-27-2000, 01:39 AM
Supposedly the lock for the slider has been upgraded and there is no way to get a flat bar or anything through them to pop them open like you could on the old windows. I don't know for sure, I really didn't pay much attention to it. I had to have the slider because it comes in really handy when I am loading and unloading my boat. I have an electric winch, and I dont even have to get out of the truck any more! (Damn I'm lazy!) It takes two poeple to handle the boat, so it really helps to be able to lookv straight back and not have to scream around the truck so that someone can hear you.

Old 11-28-2000, 10:51 PM
Thumbs down

I told the wife that I had to have the slider in the new truck. I had one in the last truck, used it almost everyday. ('90 extended cab) Wife said "you'll never use it in this truck, you have 4 windows that roll down!!" So now I have it, I think I've used it once, just to make sure it works. Pass the mustard, I'm still eating my words!!

------------------
2001 Screw XLT
Oxford White, 5.4L,
Towing, Posi, Slider
Power seat, keyless
bedliner, Ford tonneau

Old 11-28-2000, 11:42 PM
KB
Talking

Gotta have that slider here at the beach. I love to yell at the babes from my window, the rear window, and the slider. Cracks them up . . . Also, when they all get inside, they don't like their hair to get too mussy, so they crack the slider. Nice ventilation for a rear seat fart from the fat chicks too. . . remember the commercial ??? with the chick???

------------------
2001 S'Crew Lariat 4.6L, Black / Harvest Gold trim, running boards, Gibson SS Exhaust, bed rug, tow pkg., lim. slip, 6 cd

Quick Reply: Opinions - fixed vs slider rear window