Pro Comp lift & 4 Wheel Parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003 | 05:19 PM
|
AntScrew,

I picked it up last night in the rain and dark at the 4 Wheel Parts in Sacramento. It seems to ride OK, but I haven't driven it much, yet. It seems to sit higher at the front, not level, but I don't know. It also does not seem to have the same turning radius as before, but I'm not sure.

They broke one of my Edelbrock shocks when they removed it. So, now I only have three.

My garage door is 7' high. I am going to see how it fits tonight and I will post it here. I don't think I will be able to get any pictures until Monday.

BOB

Old 03-21-2003 | 06:09 PM
Bob,

How's the truck look in the daylight? Hopefully you're satisfied with their work. Sorry to hear they broke one of your shocks
Did you put bigger tires on it yet (if you did, what size tires & wheels?)?? Let us know if you're happy with the Pro-Comp/4Wheel Parts setup - I'm thinking of doing the same thing and would like to hear advice from someone who's just gone through it. Thanks Bob,

Mike

Old 03-25-2003 | 09:38 AM
|
Mike,

I think the truck sits higher at the front now. I don't really care for the feeling your going up hill all of the time. I'm going to ask them to try and make the truck level when I take it back in a week or so for them to check everything.

It seems to ride pretty good, I have not adjusted the shocks from where they set them. They said it was on the middle setting, but I won't know until I fool with them.

I did not change my wheels and tires. I still am running the 305/70-16 Goodyears.

I will try to post pics this week.

BOB

Old 03-25-2003 | 12:18 PM
Did it fit in the 7' garage? If so, about how many inches of clearance did you have? Thanks.

Old 03-25-2003 | 03:12 PM
Antscrew,
you should be able to fit in a 7' garage. I've got a 315/75s on my old truck, and i believe it did fit. I'll go out and measure in a little while. Oh, it has a TM 4in lift. Shouldn't be much difference.

Old 03-25-2003 | 05:04 PM
Thanks offroadmaniac, that would be great! I'm trying to get as much info as possible before lifting. I'd hate to get the lift and 35's on, only to come into work and not be able to get in the parking garage.

Anthony

Old 03-25-2003 | 05:35 PM
It will fit. I couldn't get the exact height, but it was under 7'. I'm almost positive i've went in many 7' parking garages, possibly the 6'10'' ones. I know I was always concerned about the 6'8'' ones. Good luck with the lift.

Old 03-25-2003 | 06:31 PM
Bob,

Have you ever cranked the t-bars or is the Pro-Comp lift not very good at leveling the truck with the t-bars stock? I'd prefer to have the truck level without touching the bars too much. The rear lift is a combination of blocks and add-a-leafs, right?

Those 305's (if memory serves me right) are close to 33s, right? How do they look with the lift on there? The guy at 4WheelParts tried to convince me that 35s and 10" wheels with stock backspacing would work, but I'm not so sure. Anyway, thought I'd ask your opinion on the spacing between tires and body.

Thanks Bob,

Mike

Old 03-26-2003 | 09:51 AM
|
The truck easily fits in my 7' garage. But, the radio makes a couple of terrible sounds when the antenna hits the metal door. I'm going to have to get a shorter antenna.

I will do my best to get some pictures tonight and post them tomorrow.

BOB

Old 03-27-2003 | 09:57 AM
|
Old 03-27-2003 | 12:24 PM
Thanks for the pics Bob. Truck looks great. They should be able to level it out for you. I wonder if they used the correct blocks in the rear.

Ant

Old 03-27-2003 | 09:02 PM
Truck looks sweet Bob! I had mine lifted at 4 WheelParts about 1 1/2 years ago and I haven't had any problems with it.

Good luck,
Bob

Old 07-31-2003 | 12:40 AM
|
Well, well, well.

I went to Pismo Beach this weekend and drove out into the dunes and down into a bowl in the sand in 2-wheel drive. To get out, I put it in 4-wheel drive and accelerated up one side of the bowl. All heck broke lose under the truck. It sounded like someone was hammering the bottom of my truck. I stopped part-way out of the bowl and crawled under my truck. Guess what, a bolt and nut were either installed upside down or the bracket was mounted to close my front u-joint and the u-joint was hitting the nut and bolt.

How nice. Here I am, stuck on the side of a sand dune and anything other than slight application of power starts the knocking.

Well, I was warned about the Sacramento 4-Wheel Parts store, just read some of the messages above.

I wonder what 4-Wheel Parts will say on Saturday when I vist them and suggest they replace and properly install the bolt/bracket and replace my u-joint.

I will keep you informed.

By the way, yes, I did get out of the sand. I just took the easy way out of the bowl and played camper instead of doing the dunes all weekend.

BOB

Old 08-01-2003 | 03:13 PM
That sucks Bob! I feel for ya. Keep us up to date on how they treat you.

Ant

Old 09-30-2003 | 12:51 PM
|
Well, I finally went over to their shop and they gave me a bolt and nut to replace the one on the truck. No real acceptance of responsibility and definitely no offer to fix the problem. I went home and started to install the bolt and nut when I realized they had given me the wrong size bolt. Not surprised.

Anyway, I then called them and made an appointment to get the bolt replaced. I told them that I wanted the appointment at a time that I could just take it in a get it done while I wait.

I took the truck in yesterday and they were surprised that someone had told me that I could get it done while I waited. They didn’t do things like that. However, Troy, the shop manager came out and basically told me “no problem”. Pull it around back. I did and they fixed it on the spot and did not try to charge me. Finally, some real customer service from those guys. Thanks Troy.

Hopefully, that will be the end of it.

Now for the grille guard and off-road lights!

BOB

Quick Reply: Pro Comp lift & 4 Wheel Parts