lowering lightning

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003 | 07:11 AM
|
lowering lightning

There is a lightning on ebay that has a 2-3 lowering kit on it. Anyone have an idea where you can get that kiy and who makes it?

Old 03-31-2003 | 04:18 PM
Hotchkins, Roush, Ground Force, Bell Tech, JDM, and a few others all make lowering kits. Most of them are in the 3/4 and 2/4 range. On most of the 4" rear drops, you have the option of going 3". With the Lightning, since it is already lowered a bit, if you put on a 2" or 3" up front you will prolly get around 1.5" of drop or so, But some companies offers applications for the L, its all just on how they measure it. If you look at NLOC.net Spike has a drop refference that you might find really effective for wut your asking.

pw

Old 03-31-2003 | 06:22 PM
|
Actually the lightning is lowered 2 inches all the way around. A 2/4 drop for a F150 would only lower the back 2 inches. So in order to lower the lightning 2/3 with a regular F150 kit it would have to be a 4/5. I was just wondering if anyone makes a kit for the lightning itself. Thanks for your response though. I talked to a guy at Ground Force today and he told me that if you lower a lightning more than 1 inch in the front you wouldnt be able to line it up. He told me they were releasing a diffent hanger for the back to make it a 3 inch drop. So, I went ahead and ordered the 1/2 drop. It cost me about $160

Old 03-31-2003 | 07:43 PM
this is the belltech 3/4 but these numbers, like said before, are for a standard f150, with before and after measurments, the front was a 2 inch lower and the back, if i went with the full 4 inch, was 3.25, but this caused the back to be lower than the front so in the pic it shows a 2.25 back lowering, i went with the belltech hangers and the stock shackles, JDM has the 3 inch lowering shackles now..the reason i went with the hangers and not just the shackles are 1st is the hangers are a pain to mess with and i wasnt gonna touch them again and 2nd when my truck is next to another L with just the shackles on mine is lower, is was once thought that the shackles gave a 2 inch drop and the hangers another 2 but it wasnt the case..

jim

Last edited by L in Detroit; 03-31-2003 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-01-2003 | 01:14 PM
Hey Detroit

OK... so if I am understanding you:

you have the 4804 2" spring up front.
you have the 6419 hanger/shackle kit using the stock shackle

Right?

Any issues with bottoming out? I assume you used the urethane bumpstops in the kit.

Thanks!

Rob, St. Louis MO
'02 HD F150

Old 04-02-2003 | 08:58 PM
that is correct, no problems with this setup bottoming out, but when i tow i inflate the bags i installed...

jim

Old 04-08-2003 | 09:23 PM
what shocks are you running. I have the same lowering kit, my Harely F150 bottoms like a pig & rides like a mini-truck on bugy springs. bouncy.

Thanks,

Rob, St. Louis MO

Old 04-08-2003 | 09:50 PM
im rumming the nitto-active, got at the same place i got the bags, mail order from a place in truckin, when ya call they will ask what drop and send the right shocks, with my drop it is not all the way down in the back it is on the second hole on the shackles, and u have to cut the stops, mine are set so the rubber is almost even with the metal with the stock bump stop, and in the front i just removed the stops, with them cut and in, it pretty much just drove on the stops, it was very harsh no travel at all, with it removed is alot better, unless u hit some hard bumps u should be ok...

jim

Quick Reply: lowering lightning