How to raise torsion bars?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-1999 | 12:44 AM
|
Question How to raise torsion bars?

Well, I want to give my 4x4 ORP the leveled look. I've heard about cranking up torsion bars, well, how is this done? How much do you have to do it in order for the truck to sit level? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 10-11-1999 | 04:14 AM
Cool

Hey Z71killer, I'm also interested in giving my F150 the leveled look. Four Wheel Parts Wholesalers has a leveling kit from Fabtech, that lifts your truck 2.5 inches. It includes 2 coil springs and 2 shocks for $150. I have also considered raising the torsion bars, but am not sure which way is preferable. I'll keep you posted if I find any more info.

------------------
98 F150, XLT, Red, 4x4, 4.6, SC, Flareside, ORP, Tow Package, cd chngr, cntr cnsl, alarm, 4chl Kenwood & Hifonics amps.
Future mods:
JL Audio 10' sub for center console, upgrade stock speakers, gibson exhaust, super chip, tonneau cover, brush guard, nerf bars, bug deflector, and EQ.

Old 10-11-1999 | 03:23 PM
LiveWire- you have a 4x4, which does not use coil springs. That kit is four a 4x2.

To crank up the torsion bars, take the weight of the front tires by jacking up the front of the frame. Locate the the torsion bar crossmember in the middle of the truck. It will have a adusting nut(bolt), One on each torsion bar. Turning them clockwise raises the front. Be VERY CAREFUL, there is a lot of pressure on the torsion bars. Just remember that when you turn these you will change the way the front end rides and I would not raise it very much.

[This message has been edited by Squanto804 (edited 10-11-1999).]

Old 10-12-1999 | 08:14 AM
Hey Squanto804, thanks for the correction. Just got my F150 and have not really had a chance to look everything over. I will consider raising the torsion bars, but I might wait and raise it with a body lift or suspension lift.
Seen a picture of your truck and man, thats one bad a** looking truck. The temptation is great to superlift, but, been there already and am trying to stay "practical" this time.

Quick Reply: How to raise torsion bars?