Broken Torsion Bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003 | 06:25 PM
Thats Mr. Weezell to you mister.

now I am going to go surf, how you livin?

Old 04-25-2003 | 07:47 PM
I'm livin good Thanks for asking. If it wasn't raining I would be at the lake wakeboarding this weekend.

Richard D.

Old 04-26-2003 | 12:35 AM
Cool Torsion Bars

Hey guys, Some good info for you. If you crank the T-bars, my suspension expert says you really need to get the trucks re-aligned!! The change in angle of the cv axles and the raising of the truck will make your tires/wheels sit with a greater camber and definitely could cause this rubbing. I'm pretty sure camber is the right term? Anyway, once cranked, drive a few miles, then re-adjust until you're happy with the final height, then you must get it re-aligned. This is how we did my truck and it worked out well. Hope this helps and sounds like you both are Extremely experienced and we definitely need both of your inputs to help us out on many topics on this board. hopefully you can work out the mis-understanding. Steve

Old 04-26-2003 | 01:28 PM
Thanks for that info Steve I was planning on going and talking to an alignment shop to see if maybe it could be corrected with an alignment. Weezel is the one that obviously has a problem when he attacks people in the manner he did without even knowing anything about someone. I was simply trying to pass on a warning about something I discovered after cranking my torsion bars up and I guess he had the strong urge to berate and degrade someone he didn't even know in order for him to feel superior to others.

Richard D.

Old 04-26-2003 | 02:28 PM
Uh, yeah, you got me pegged.

This matters much to me, the "attack" wasn't directed at you, merely, if you are having others do torsion bar adjustments to your truck, maybe you don't have all that much experience and you might want to hold back on the opinion regarding these wear problems.

For instance, lets see how many have had their tires rub as you have suggested.

Scare tactics.

I will now unsubscribe from this thread, you are just too cool and I have been found out as the How did you put it? "A little freakin weazel (misspelled)" Just best I don't run across you at Sun city, you might hurt me physically, huh.

Just remember little is a matter of perspective. You know where I will be. Again, any that would like to see either of my rigs you know where they, and I will be (previous post).

Richard Cranium. What a loser.

Old 04-26-2003 | 02:46 PM
See there he goes again with the attacks. And if I were to come to where ever you are what are you going to do beat up a disabled 40 year old man. Thanks for the threats and it really did scare me by the way. And lets see your started you first post off by saying Rediculous, and you are trying to correct someone for spelling that is funny its "RID" not "RED" but feel free to correct my spelling any time and just so you understand what my misspelling meant sice you failed to get it the correct is weaSel I chose to emphasize your Z that you use in your name. You on the other hand simply spelt it wrong. I do not have to justify my actions to you And I myself did the adjustment and am fully aware it is only two bolts and no matter what you say I know for a FACT that the tire rubbing was caused from cranking the bars. And if you think as you put it Again, the adjustment of torsion bars (increasing/decreasing preload)does not change front wheel travel it does in fact make the suspension extend however it does not change the way the suspension with travel. If you go out and stick a jack under your frame and raise the truck I gues the suspension doesnt travel down does it? When you crank on the trsion bars that is essentially the same thing it does. It does not matter if others have not had tire rubbing I did thus the warning for others to maybe keep an eye out for just such a thing. But I forgot you are perfect unlike the rest of us.

Richard D.

Old 04-26-2003 | 04:55 PM
Cool Torsion Bars

You're welcome Richard, let us know how it all works out. Steve

Quick Reply: Broken Torsion Bar