Lowerin kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003 | 02:17 AM
|
Question Lowerin kits

I have a 2003 short bed regular cab 4.2L V6 F-150. I was wondering if there was a drop kit that would lower the front end 1 inch and the back enough to level it out?I have seen 2 4 drop kits and 3 4 drop kits for the same truck and it seems one would off set the truck(just wonderin). I want to do a minor drop and i dont want to have a C notch put into my frame. I have looked and never seen a 1 2 drop kit or a 1 3 drop kit.

Old 05-01-2003 | 10:27 AM
All you need is a 1" drop spring for the front and a rear shackle set. Since yours is a v6, you might need a 2" coil, but it's hard to say for sure.

Old 05-08-2003 | 09:51 PM
try the lightning

Try looking some of the Ford lightning sites. I know I've seen some kits for lightnings that are an 1" / 2" drop.

Old 05-11-2003 | 06:29 PM
You could always try a L or HD spring to see what that does for you.

Old 05-12-2003 | 10:43 AM
.......not to confuse the topic, however, it is very common to see LESS than a 2 inch drop with a 2 inch coil spring. Usually you see a drop of 1.5-1.75 inches.......and that is with the V-8, therefore, expect even less of a drop with the V-6.

I think, Eibach makes 1 inch drop lowering springs. Their springs are also "progressive rate" springs as opposed to linear rate springs. Therefore, they get stiffer when you need them to be.
I would contact them and describe your set-up and ask exactly how much of a drop you should you expect.

.....or you could just click on the "STORE" on this site and click on "contact us" and request some springs. They will get back to you with availability and price. This site at least sells GroundForce lowering components and GroundForce uses Eibach springs.

Old 05-13-2003 | 10:32 AM
Exclamation

I too have a 6 cyl, an extra cab and wanted to do a 2/3 drop. I bought the Hotchkis leafs which dropped the rear 3" perfectly, but the ride was too harsh (those are performance springs). I got some DJM 2" coils for the front from the classifieds, and was REALLY disappointed when I only got about 1.5" of drop. It just did not work out in the front or the rear.

I now plan to get the Belltech 2" rear leafs to use with my Belltech 2" shackles in the rear, avoiding the rivet removal misery with the hangers. I have also purchased some front "L" springs. Since these are an inch shorter already, I am going to chop one coil off the spring and should end up with 2" or a bit more in the front.

By going this route, I will still have a more stout spring in the front, to compensate a bit for the lost coil. And If I want to start towing or carrying a load some day, I can still get the back end up two inches, or higher if I chose to. I'd even have options!

Good luck!

Old 05-13-2003 | 11:41 AM
I rode in a Hotchkis equipped Screw last night and really liked it a lot. I didn't think it was too stiff or harsh. That convinced me to go that route.

Quick Reply: Lowerin kits