fabtech 6" vs trd 5" lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003 | 10:43 PM
|
Question fabtech 6" vs trd 5" lift

I receantly asked a local shop about the fabtech lift kit, and they said that it is for a super crew, not a supercab. They recommended the trd system, and I was wondering if the fabtech kit will work, or should I settle for the 5" kit. I guess when it comes to f150's we get 4,5, or 6" options, and if they all cost about the same, which way should I go? I have a 3" body lift, and hate pulling up next to f250's who can get a 10" lift, plus body lift. any suggestions, or been there and done that stories? please respond. thanks chris

Old 05-15-2003 | 11:21 AM

A) TRD stands for Toyota Racing Division and I doubt they make a lift for a ford.

B) if you don't like the fact that superduty guys can lift 10" for less than we can lift 4-5" then buy a super duty. LOL Hell, I just laughed at them and asked how their kidneys felt! hahaha

Ok, I'm done being a smart-***... LOL

Really though, I think the guy might have been suggesting a RCD lift. Which from what I've heard is a really good kit. I had a 5" superlift and a 3" body lift. and I't handled great for the 70,000 miles I owned it for. I ran 38 x 15 swamper radials. I added an extra 3" to the bump stops to prevent rubbing under full compression.

Hell, the guy i sold it to 3 years ago has since swapped oout a lightning motor from a totaled 2001 and put another 60-70,000 miles on it!! All that and no breakage anywhere in the suspension.

or if you really want to keep up with the Jones's in the f250's jump into a solid axle conversion and get up to 12" of lift from the suspension! www.broncograveyard.com

Old 05-22-2003 | 06:43 PM
Or, if staying with the F150, you can go with a 10" lift plus the body lift. If not enough, get pre cut fenders for more tire clearance and put in there the tallest tire you can without rubbing.

Now you will be taller than many F250 around. Of course there will be always someone running a Skycrapper Ultra Plus LTD suspension (maybe more than 12") with a custom body lift (of more than 4" or 5") and running on King Kong XXX tires. Don't, ...... for any reason don't stand next to him.

Quick Reply: fabtech 6" vs trd 5" lift