AIM dropped A-arms S * * K

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2000 | 01:04 AM
|
Thumbs down AIM dropped A-arms S * * K

Has anyone else out there installed AIM dropped A-arms and have a problem with them hitting the brake calipers when turned sharply? It seems to push the brake fluid back through the line and when I put on the brakes for the first time (after the turn) the pedal goes all the way to the floor. I called AIM about the problem and he said he had never heard of that problem (which I find hard to believe) So if anyone knows of a trick to resolve my problem I would greatly appreciate it...before my wife hits something!!!

Later...Bigmike

------------------
97 F150, 2wd, Light mocha, Supercab, Tinted windows, Piaa's, 4.2/auto, Pwr everything 4” drop in the front and 5” in the rear. Billet grill, Clear corners, Leather steering wheel cover, Pioneer head unit w/steering wheel remote, Alpine amp, a custom box with a 10” Kicker pro comp sub.

Old 07-14-2000 | 08:41 AM
Cool

Can't help you, buy I can sympathize with ya. I bought AIM spindles for my previous lowered truck and there quality control is not the best. The fit was really too tight on one side and had to force the bearings and rotor back on. I went with western chassis for my F150 and I was much more impressed with their quality.

Old 07-14-2000 | 08:42 AM
Take them off....buy better ones, or grind away the part that is hitting...but I would take them off before someone gets hurt....Dave

Old 07-14-2000 | 08:53 AM
Yes they absolutly suck and just try to return something. I've seen it all. I posted a whole ting about that place. Just goto to the BBB and see all the complaints. Well, for a fix you just need to weld a steering stop on or even just build up a little weld so that the caliper won't hit. This also happens to the DJM arms. I haven't the slighest idea why they do not put a little stop on the arm, go ahead and call them, what a wonderful answer you'll get.

------------------
99 Expedition 2wd 5.4L, Silver w/Dark Grey Int, Billet Grill (custom chrome insert), Door sills, pedals, brake cover, ant, wiper covers, fender badges, rear view mirror. Shaved roof rack & tail gate, fog light bumper color matched. Clear front corners, WMS intake, directional mirrors. DJM control arms, Toxic shocks, Front and Rear Airbag suspension with 4 wheel independent control, 20in CEC's w 295-40-zr20, Alpine CVA 1005, 12 disc changer, TV, VCR, Audiobahn 6.5 Comp Fr/R, Audiobahnsubs, Audiobahn HC amps. Clifford Avantguard G4, fully Dynamatted from front to rear, Nav tail lights, Phillips HID headlights.

Old 07-20-2000 | 12:40 AM
|
Talking

Slammed Expy...

Thanks for the advice. I went down to the local rental store and rented a wire feed welder for $35.00 and built up about a 1/4 inch thick by 2 inch weld on there rear of the A-arms (on the rear of the flat plate that houses the ball joint). Worked GREAT! I don't understand why AIM couldn't have figured that out in pre development or fix it now.
Oh well, My truck is now safe to deal with the Southern Cal traffic without the worries of having to buy a new Mercedes.

Thanks again...Bigmike

------------------
97 F150, 2wd, Light mocha, Supercab, Tinted windows, Piaa's, 4.2/auto, Pwr everything 4” drop in the front and 5” in the rear. Billet grill, Clear corners, Leather steering wheel cover, Pioneer head unit w/steering wheel remote, Alpine amp, a custom box with a 10” Kicker pro comp sub.

Quick Reply: AIM dropped A-arms S * * K