What is the difference between lifts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2000 | 12:19 AM
|
Question What is the difference between lifts?

Is a body lift the same as a suspension lift,
are they one and the same?

------------------
1997 F-150XL V6 4.2L,5-Speed,Two-Tone White & Black,
Short Bed,4x2,Fisk Steel Radial Phantoms P255/70R16,Tinted Windows,Bug Deflector,Ventshades,2"Lowering Shackles,Factory Fender Flares,K&N Filter With a Modified Air Box,More to Come!

Old 07-24-2000 | 12:29 AM
Banned
No, they are different. A body lift is cheap, it puts space between your frame and your body, the bumers stay with the frame so you get no more ground clearence than you had before. With suspension you get more ground clearence, you get bigger shocks and the WHOLE truck goes higher. Dont get a body lift. Get suspension first.

------------------
'97 F-150 XLT Expidition front end (no idea why). 17inch 4x4 wheels with 32 inch tires flowmasters with tips, K&N filter, 5-spd, 4.2 V-6 bedliner, bright clearcoat red, stepside, hidden hitch, 3.55 gear ratio, tinted windows and a BIG reg ford sticker on the back window (my greatest joy is cutting people off who have calvin pissin on the ford sign and they HAVE to look at my big red sticker)

Old 07-24-2000 | 11:05 AM
Talking

Well Waldo, I'm gonna have to disagree with you here. You say the bumpers don't move with a body lift and my performance accessories 3" lift came with brackets to raise the bumpers. And as far as Ground Clearence is conserned, The ONLY way to gain ground clearence is to add larger tires. Cause the axles and differential won't move with any kind of lift. So a 3" body lift allows for 36" tires ( On A 4x4 ) and if you originally had 30" tires you added 3" of ground clearence. If you added a 4" suspension lift to a stock 4x4 and kept the stock tires you added NO clearence.

Old 07-25-2000 | 01:36 PM
I always stick to this.

Facts are facts. How things really are, period.

Opinions are opinions. Merely, they say what you think of something even it is different from others way of thinking.

So, here in the boards is very important to help our friends with personal opinions if they are looking for that or facts if that's what they need.

------------------
98 4x4 Lariat SC 5.4L ORP, Tow Package, 3.55 LS in oxford white two tone. Only modifications, K&N Filtercharger and Stepshield door sill protectors. Many more to come.

Old 07-25-2000 | 06:36 PM
Im gonna have to agree with CCLA on this one. Either lift makes room for larger tires, that is a fact. Bumpers do go up with a body lift. And a suspension lift lowers your suspension away from the body to allow bigger tires. Go with a body lift if you cant afford a suspension. There is alot of us on here with body lifts and my own opion,,mine works great and i love it..

------------------
1997 Ford F-150
4X4 ORP Ext Cab
Silver 5 Speed
K&N air filter
70 Series Flowmasters
Tinted Windows
Rancho RS5000's
3" Body Lift
American Racing Wheels
Westin Nerf bars
Westin Brush Guard
2 150 watt KC dalylighter
GTS Blackouts
F-150online Sticker
"THE HEARTBEAT STOPS HERE" on the windshield

Quick Reply: What is the difference between lifts?