Yet another strange noise...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003 | 05:43 PM
|
Unhappy Yet another strange noise...

I have taken two road trips over the last two weekends and have noticed a wierd thumping in my pedals and floor boards when I'm going around a left turn curve. Now I know this is a longshot but if anyone has ever experience this or knows what this might be I would surely like to go to the dealership with some ideas. Its really pronounced on smooth left-turn curves between 25 and about 50 mph and you can actually hear it as well. It varies with speed increase or decrease.

I have checked all four tires to be sure there isn't a big nail or something there.

I suuuurre am getting tired of this stuff. I had a 97 4x before this one with the mysterious bed/rear suspension "thump" when turning up a driveway and to the right. Are there any fords out there that don't end up with some stupid unidentifiable noise?...please don't answer that I'm just frustrated.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-18-2003 | 07:58 PM
|
In case anyone cares...

It turns out my tires were cupped. I had the tires balanced and rotated and the sound went away. Technically the condition still exists, its just now on the back which carries much less weight and little effect from steering. I've heard two possible explanations: 1) the stock tires are crap and 2) the tires were overinflated at one point (I ran them at around 40 lbs for a while) creating the condition.

The right answer is 2 (although 1 might be true also - I only have 15k miles on the truck).

Anyway just incase anyone else has this problem.

Quick Reply: Yet another strange noise...