lowering control arms 101 ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lowering control arms 101 ?

OK,

Who's done a set of control arms? What are the ins, outs and words of wisdom for any of us who think about it now and then, but just ain't too sure about undertaking the project.

Any set of them easier to install than the other? I've heard that there is/could be some grinding required. This true?

Still thinkin'
Sacto

Old 06-18-2003, 10:40 AM
I've done them twice. DJM both times. Personally I like them better than spindles (where applicable). However, next time, if there is a next time, I will use the Western Chassis arms.

Old 06-18-2003, 11:24 AM
Question

Well then, this begs the question...why the change to Western Chassis next time (should there be a next time)?

From what I have read, DJM has determined that both the upper and lower arms must be replaced, yet I think Belltech, Western and others do not. I have Western hangers and they are just fine by me, but I know nothing about their front arms.

Do the Westerns not require any grinding or modificaction?

Old 06-18-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by sacto150
Well then, this begs the question...why the change to Western Chassis next time (should there be a next time)?

From what I have read, DJM has determined that both the upper and lower arms must be replaced, yet I think Belltech, Western and others do not. I have Western hangers and they are just fine by me, but I know nothing about their front arms.

Do the Westerns not require any grinding or modificaction?
I just think the Westerns are a better built product. Before it was just a cost issue. The article I saw about the new Bell Tech arms that are supposed to come out said that the were both upper and lowers, but I could be wrong.

Old 06-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Well,

Do you think one arm will work, or do you think two (upper and lower) are better?

Sacto

Old 06-18-2003, 11:21 PM
Unless you're doing an extreme amount of drop, lowers should be sufficient.

Quick Reply: lowering control arms 101 ?