is chassis tech or aim a good company

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2001 | 04:02 PM
Message delete.
Sorry. It's just not worth the trouble.
Good luck with the Chassis Tech, and I hope your lift goes easily!

[This message has been edited by sundog7 (edited 04-02-2001).]

Old 04-02-2001 | 07:24 PM
I ordered the 3" coil and A arm lift from Aim. I haven't installed it yet, but it came to 380 with shipping. The items look to be good quality, but the powder coating is chipped in a couple spots on the coils. Aim says they dont make the coil, that it is outsourced. Another note is they make a set of 4" lift hangers for the rear. I ordered these also and should be in soon. I have never seen lift hangers from any other company before.

Old 04-02-2001 | 07:29 PM
Smile

Oh ya, when they release the spindles for the F150 they will not stick out an extra 3" they will have a factory offset.

------------------
1998 F150 STX 4.6L
Aim 3"/A-arm Lift. Rear Blocks
265/75R17Goodyear RTS
K+N filter charger
White Face Gauges
Leather "Harley" seats
Straight pipe exhaust

Old 04-02-2001 | 08:24 PM
Guardburke,

Just wonder. So what are you comparing the spindle too. So the spindle will be three inches higher but not pushed out so far as the Fabtech spindle. Is that what you're comparing it too....Just wondering.

Old 04-02-2001 | 08:50 PM
When I was looking into lifts I called AIM..they told me they would be out in 3-6 weeks and they were testing...although they were advertising already..that was 2 years ago....ARE THEY STILL TESTING??..I have had no problems with the any of my Fabtech components at all...maybe its the people who install them?? As far as RICKY RACER...What a joke they are...I ordered a cowl induction hood last year before the Texas Heatwave...ordered it 6 weeks before the show...they insured me they had the hood....I called after 2 weeks "yes its on the way".....*(^*%$&* LIARS.....4 days before the show I called again and they said no they didnt have the hood but they can get me another style.......BS.....credit my card and I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN...Cant tell you of the AIM or Chasis stuff because I never got to order what they didnt have...but you know its like when a new style car comes out....Do you really want to be the companies guinea pig..or go with a proven product.....Fabtech, Rancho...alot of us here have those and can tell you about them.......Good luck on what ever you chose..remember we are just giving you our experience because you ask....its your trucks and your money......Let us know how it all goes...you may be getting a real good deal on a good product...and we all like to save money.......Dave

------------------
1998 F-150,4x2,4.6 AUTOMATIC, XLT

FABTECH LIFT 6.5
BODY LIFT 3IN (6"11 1/2")
LIFT LIPS
315 GEOLANDERS
EAGLE 143 16X10s
SUPERLIFT TRACTION BARS
NERF BARS
F&R LUMI LOGOS
SUPERCHIPPED
FLOWMASTER 40
CB (TX CHAPTER MUST)
CLEAR CORNERS
IMAGE COVERS BACK LIGHTS
COVERKING DASH COVER
SNUG LID
BEDLINER AND MAT
EGR FENDER FLARES
CLASS III HITCH
STROBES
PAINTED MOTOR
AIRAID KIT W/PREFILTER
BUG SHIELD AND RAIN GUARDS
6 DISC CD CHANGER
BLUE LIGHTS UNDER TRUCK
MUTH MIRRORS

San Antonio
DWESSELS89@AOL.COM

FUTURE MODS
4.56 GEARS
SUPER CHARGER
HEADERS

Old 04-02-2001 | 09:18 PM
The spindle is a 3" lift, but it does not make you tires stick out 3" wider. For some reason I never liked the idea of that.

Old 04-03-2001 | 12:37 AM
I just ran a search on this site and found no complants about Chassis Tech in fact I found just the opposite.If I missed some please post the links so I can read them.I would like to talk to people who have had actual experiences with Chassis Tech lift products not hearsay or what someone says they heard.It is important to get the facts out ! I had a big problem with Fabtech and if enough people who have had the same problem speak out in forums like this maybe these companys will take notice and correct the problems.

Old 04-03-2001 | 12:54 AM
Here:
https://www.f150online.com/f150board...ML/000581.html
You might want to check out the sportruck.com article mentioned in one of the replies. MOST guys are heading to Western Chassis. Chassis Tech probably isn't "BAD", but with the weight of opinion fully in Western's field, I don't understand why this is such a hard decision. What kinds of things are you thinking about that you are currently favoring Chassis Tech, dwdodd?

Old 04-03-2001 | 10:45 AM
sundog7 Why would I go to Western Chassis when all they make are lowering parts.
Everybody here was talking about lift kits not drop kits!

Old 04-03-2001 | 03:41 PM
Unhappy

I was trying to make a point, dwdodd, but I can see re-reading the posts that I didn't do a very good job. Sorry for the confusion. Here's the point (also expressed by others here): CT has a less than excellent rep. Parts is parts. It's all in the design and materials used. You won't find all your answers about CT here. I've read enough here, and more elsewhere, that if I were choosing parts for a Lift (or a Slam, for that matter) I personally wouldn't choose CT. If you were convinced that Price and Customer Service were two greatest points in their favor, then design shouldn't matter to you. You're going to get what you pay for. I was using the thread on Lowering because you could easily see the differences in product design and materials between the two companies. I was trying to be illustrative, but it didn't come out that way. (Logic: If CT is that skimpy with their materials on A-arms, I wonder if they have a similar mindset when it comes to designing lifting components). Couple that with the fact that CT is new to Lifting, comparatively speaking, then you have enough to at least give you pause. That's all.
Does this make more sense now?

Old 04-03-2001 | 08:58 PM
|
Wink

thanks for all the help, and all of the positive and negitive sides of aim. also i wanted to see that folder on fire

------------------
2000 4.2l V-6 w/sport package std. cab. 2wd, bright red
billet grille
clear corners
herculiner bed liner
k&n filter
sony head unit
two 10" kicker comps.
sony amp

future:
spindle lift
fipk
chip
headers when they go down from $330
exhaust

Old 04-03-2001 | 11:39 PM
sundog7 I appreciate the reply and good intentions and I see your point , my point is I have AIM upper c-arms I bought the to solve a alignment problem. I talked with them twice the second time at length , they listened while I went into length about the problem with my truck . I am satisfied with the arms and I was pleased that they took the time to listen without trying to cut me short.Maybe I am the only one to like this company but as long the past quality and service remains the same I don't mind dealing
with them.I originally went with a well know company that most people on this message board favor but I had a problem with their kit and they gave me no help,insulted my mechanic and told me we must have done something wrong and they wouldn't do anything else.If both experiences happened to you ,what might your response be?

crazedf1 Here's your fire!

[This message has been edited by dwdodd (edited 04-03-2001).]

Quick Reply: is chassis tech or aim a good company