Are Procomp 3000 shocks good?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2001, 01:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Are Procomp 3000 shocks good?

Hey, everybody-

I have been doing an exhaustive search on all the past forums for info on shocks. I have learned a lot in the last little while! What an amazing source of info this message board is!

I can get the Procomp ES 3000's for a pretty good deal for my 4x4. I know jpkaiser and JDM have them, anybody else? I want something which will give a nice firm ride, but not teeth rattling- a good combo for highway and off-roading. I know that everybody sings the praises of the Rancho 9000's and Edlebrock IAS's, and I agree, but I don't really have the budget for them-I am in Canada, remember! ;-)
The Rancho 5000's seem to be pretty good as well, and I can get them for a reasonable price. I heard they ride like a Rancho 9000 on a "3" setting. I would consider them as well, but I would also like the shock with poly bushings.

I know that anything is better than old worn out stock shocks, but I want these to be an investment, seeings as I am keeping this truck for a while, and don't want to change out "new" shocks very often.

Old 04-04-2001, 03:41 PM
JimW

FWIW, my buddy just put on the RS5000's on his truck - and got them at Cdn tire - i think the four were 250 bux with a 80$ mail in rebate. Not a bad price...

Bambino

------------------
Bambino Online
Owners Gallery Truck #179
1999 reg cab/short box/ORP - 3.55; 4.6l 5sp; factory snapless tonneau; twin 6" kicker sub tubes; Custom Exhaust; Mobil 1 5w30/Motorcraft FL820-S

Old 04-05-2001, 01:10 AM
bambino-

Thanks for the info!

I will be in Edmonton tomorrow, and see what they have for rebates on the ranchos. Good ol' Canadian Tire! Where would we be without them?

Quick Reply: Are Procomp 3000 shocks good?