WHIPLASH SUSPENSION

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2001 | 01:13 AM
|
Question WHIPLASH SUSPENSION

Alright...I have noticed that in quite a bit of the suspension post we all talk about the 4" Rancho this, and 5" Superlift that, etc. But now Whiplash has been thrown into the ingredients basket. These lifts are huge!! Check them out at "http://www.whiplashperformance.org" The lifts seem to be well priced, but are almost the same as the small 4" lifts! What gives? Does anyone here have any experience, comments, or arguments for or against these lifts? I would like to know more, as im sure others would as well!!!

Old 04-03-2001 | 01:29 AM
|
Exclamation

Also, i forgot to add, i contacted Fabtech about a lift for 4x4 F-150's, and i was told that the lift is in the final testing phases, and will be availible this mid-summer.

Old 04-03-2001 | 10:30 AM
Cool

Those lifts are ok, but when you use your truck as a daily driver I wouldn't recommened it. I drive nearly 3k miles a month, and my truck couldn't handle that with a 10" lift and 38-40" tires.

------------------
98 Black F150 S/C 4x4 ORP 5.4

4" Rancho lift, 14 KC lights, lots of other goodies. Check out www.F150World.com/Mudder for pics and all the info.

Old 04-04-2001 | 12:46 AM
F-150 man, I live 15miles from fresno, where whiplash is located, and all I can say is that they are all show, I have friends who had their lifts, and they all hated them, and replaced the lift with a rancho lift. When I went there with a friend who wanted to lift his truck, all they cared about was how high he should lift it, when he told them that he wanted to lift it for performance reasons, they said to forget about it, and just lift it really high so you can "look really cool and get chicks", when he told them that all he wanted was a moderate lift, they suggested a 16" lift!
I also got the impression that their lifts were more for show, and not for four wheeling, because you see all kinds of huge trucks lifted from whiplash, but they never go four wheeling, and when you ask them if they want too, the say that their truck is for show only, and that they never go four wheeling. I would be wary about buying their lift, hope this helps.

Old 04-04-2001 | 05:33 PM
|
Thumbs up

Hey thanks for the info. Their lifts didnt look too off-road minded from what I saw on their web site.

Old 04-05-2001 | 06:47 PM
Talking

Well the whiplash kit is in and it looks great. I would have to agree that it is more of a show lift. In my opinion, any IFS lift bigger than 5" should not be used heavily offroad. My truck is mainly for show (soon to be with the 40"s). I gave up "mud-boggin" when my last truck rusted out from lack of cleansing. I'm buying a second vehicle this weekend for the intent of everyday driving. In defense however, the guys that I have talked to at whiplash have been very helpful.

Snowball

------------------
1997 F150 SuperCab 4x4 Off Road Pkg, 5.4l V8, 10" Whiplash Lift, 3" Body Lift, 36X12.50X16 Super Swamper TSL Radials, Westin Nerf Bars, Sony sound system w/custom fit box under rear seat to hold 4-10"s, Airaid, Straight exaust

Quick Reply: WHIPLASH SUSPENSION