Sears and Rancho Shocks?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2001 | 12:07 AM
|
Question Sears and Rancho Shocks?????

I went to Sears to get a price for a set of Rancho Shocks for my '98 F-150. The guy there said something that just did not sound right to me. He told me that I would need to have an alignment when they put the new shocks on. Seems that they would drop the front end?? to get the front shocks on and anytime you do this you should check the alignment afterwards. I have not read this in any of the posts here in the past. What do you think? Is it a sales pitch or is it legit??? Thanks in advance.
Bob

Old 05-04-2001 | 12:54 AM
Cool

Rancho shocks do not change suspension geometry. If you have unusual tire wear or driving conditions, that's a good time to check your alignment.

------------------
2000 F-150 XL, RC, LB, 5.4L, 4R70W, 3.55LS,
Class III tow, Payload #3, & Convenience pkgs.,
4-wheel disc/ABS, Chestnut/Parchment 40/60,
Ford bedliner w/Paintsaver & gas/wheel/spare locks,
K&N F.I.P.K. w/Outwears pre-filter, Superchip,
Dynomax ultra-flow welded 3" cat-back w/ 3" Y-pipe,
Hellwig front & rear anti-sway bars, Rancho RS 9000s,
Mobil 1, K&N oil filter.

Old 05-04-2001 | 03:00 AM
The fellow is full of beans. Shocks do not change any suspension geometry on your truck. You can do a full shock change yourself in your driveway in a couple of hours, no need to lift anything. Just sounds like he wants to shaft you for money, or else he shouldn't be working in an auto shop

------------------
'97 F-150 4x4 SC SB 4.6L. Riding on Sport King 265/75R16 AT's. Add-a-Leafs & Torsion lift. Side Bars. WMS Intake, TB spacer, and Superchip!

Wish list: 4.10 Gears, Hedman Hedders, 3" body lift, 33x12.5 MT's!!

Quick Reply: Sears and Rancho Shocks?????