Need To Talk About Fabtech 6.5" Lift vs. Spindles + 3" Body

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2001 | 10:51 PM
|
Smile Need To Talk About Fabtech 6.5" Lift vs. Spindles + 3" Body

Lately I've been checking out lifts and trying to decide what to do. I was originally going for the Fabtech 3.5" Spindles plus a 3" Body lift but after hearing that the spindles also increse your front width by 3.5", I'm leaning towards the 6.5" "Ultimate" suspension lift. I'm in a huge dilemma-please someone help me!!! I'm also considering price in the picture so if any of you can tell me what these things have costed, I'd be really appreciative. And will I be able to fit 35" tires with either of these lifts? Thanks a bunch for everyone's help and hopefully I can make a decision soon

Old 05-07-2001 | 11:18 PM
From what i understand the spindles make the front width about 3" and the 6" lift uses spindles. Either way you will run spindles, and both lifts will clear 35's. The 6" lift looks better b/c none of the frame hangs under the truck, like it does with the body lift, but then again the 6" lift is a stiffer ride while the lift spindles and 3" body will retain the factory ride quality.

------------------
*White 97 F-150 Supercab XLT 2WD
*4.6L Triton V8 3.55's
*Fabtech 2" Leveling Kit with Fabtech A-Arms.
*Fabtech shocks
*1.5"rear blocks
*SuperLift 3 inch BodyLift
*315/75/16 Kelly Wild Spirts
*American Racing AR136 16x8
*Flow Master True Duel 40 series
*Rhino Liner
*K&N Filter
*Smitty Built Brush Guard
*Magellan GPS Navigation
*Lund Wind Visors Bug Deflector
*Kenwood Deck Punch Amp
*2 JL W-6 10's
*2 KC Daylighters and
*2 Procomp Stainless Steel
WISH LIST:
*3.5 Fabtech Lift Spindles
*4.10's
*BETTER BRAKES

Old 05-08-2001 | 12:11 AM
I went with the 3.5" spindles with body for a few reasons...

1 - $$$ quite a bit cheaper, and I can always add the A-Arms later for 9.5"!!

2- Ride quality, no stiffness with this setup.

3- Saw a couple of trucks on the sight, and liked the look, even with the body lift.

The whole setup with tires and all was about $2400.00

Now, I went with 33's because of height limits in my parking garage...or I would have gone 35's. I think you can squeeze them under there even with the 3" body + spindle setup. I have a lot of pics on my site, check it out and see what you think.

------------------
2000 F150 XLT 4.6L V8 Auto, SuperCab, Torreador Red Metallic, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, K&N Drop-in, Ford Bedliner, Tinted Windows, Steel Horse Billet Grill, Fabtech 3.5" Spindles, 1.5" rear blocks, 3" Body Lift, Lift Lips, 33/12.50/16.5 BFG AT's on 16.5x9.75 American Eagle 589's, Fabtech Performance Shocks, Sylvania Cool Blue Headlights

www.geocities.com/y2kf150

Old 05-08-2001 | 02:22 AM
I have a set of the Fabtech upper A-arms for sale in the classifieds if you are interested.

Old 05-08-2001 | 08:38 AM
I had spindles and a 3" body lift and 35's WOULD NOT fit. I had to trim a lot of stuff and add a 1" coil spacer.

A little word of advise. You sound like you're already addicted. You might not know it yet though. Do the 6.5" lift. cause you dont wanna have to deal with the suspension twice. And if you go with the body+spindle, sooner or later you're gonna wanna add the upper control arms and springs, just Like I wanted to. You can always come back and add the body lift. Hell Do it all at once, the body lift is only 130.00. Get it over with

Old 05-08-2001 | 07:13 PM
|
Cool

I like DGreen's idea becuase like him, I mihgt want to add the a-arms later. The only thing I'm worried about is the widened front end with the spindles. On DGreen's truck I notice that his front tires are wider out than the rear ones while JonC's are not. I've also seen other trucks with spindles plus body and the front end does not look like it sticks out. I don't want it to stick out so I'm wondering will it??? Thanks a bunch guys.

Old 05-08-2001 | 07:31 PM
|
Cool

Just one other thing- where is the best place to buy spindles? I'm planning on doing the install myself so I'll probably order them or from wherever is the cheapest.

Old 05-08-2001 | 11:54 PM
offroad guy, the reason dgreen's tires stick out more than jonc's is because dgreen has wider rims. spindles are going to make the front tires stick out more regardless because that is part of their design. as far as the cheapest place to buy spindles, i think there is a post regarding AIM spindles, which i think cost around $250. i spent around $700 for the spindles, cam bolts, blocks, and u-bolts. body lift was another $600 installed.

***JasoN***

------------------
Oxford White 1998 F-150 STX, reg. cab, flareside, 4.2, auto, 3.55s, tint, Prestige alarm, Bel radar detector, Pioneer CD player, 4 Polk 5x7's, Stull billet grille and bumper insert, Flowmaster exhaust, K&N airfilter, V-Tech Tailight Covers(painted to match truck), removed factory mud flaps, Clear Corner Lenses, DJM shackles(removed for lift), Billet Oval Mirror, 3in. Body Lift, lift lips, chrome tow hooks, Pilot driving lights mounted behind billet bumper insert, 16x8 Ultra Wheels, 305/70/16 Goodyear AT/S, Custom door ding from some a$$hole, Fabtech Spindle Lift, 2in. blocks out back FUTURE MODS: 01L tailights, rancho rsx shocks, 1 1/2in. coil spacers, 2in. add-a-leafs, 315/75-16 yokohama geolander mt's, and still working on getting that dang door ding fixed . . . FIGHTIN TEXAS AGGIE C/O '03

check out www.f150world.com/abercrombieaggie for pics . . .

[This message has been edited by J_Rock (edited 05-08-2001).]

Old 05-09-2001 | 06:38 PM
I was deciding on that as well,and I have decided to order the 6" RCD suspension with a performance accessories body lift (3") I will be getting them installed soon and am real excited. I have heard a lot of good things about RCD over Fabtech, just thought I would let you know!

Old 05-09-2001 | 07:50 PM
|
Talking

Where are you getting your RCD lift from? I was reading an earlier post where someone said they ordered their Fabtech spindles for $450 from RV Performance. Does anyone know anything about this place? A website? Basically my deciding decision as to what lift I'm going to get is price. Whatever is the cheapest with performance in mind (I want the best also) that will allow me to run 35"s is going to be the one. Thanks for the help and let me know if you know of a place to get spindles cheap because I'm probably going to do the lift myself.

Quick Reply: Need To Talk About Fabtech 6.5" Lift vs. Spindles + 3" Body