ATTN: Snowball (Need Your Experience)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2001 | 02:58 PM
|
Post ATTN: Snowball (Need Your Experience)

I am seriously considering a 10" Whiplash lift, but need a few Q's answered if you don't mind. How much was the whole kit w/out shipping? Also, was everything you needed included in the kit? One last question, how did the install go compared to your old Superlift...what was different? Brake lines? Drive shaft? Thanks for your time!
Oh yeah, have you had any probs so far, besides the law

Old 06-03-2001 | 09:21 AM
Wink

The kit came with all front end parts (excluding brake lines). However, there website says that they are included. I'll have to call them about those. Anyway, shocks, front driveshaft, and rear kit must be purchased separately. All together, the full-setup (excluding brake lines, again) came to $2200. Don't let them tell you that the install takes less time than a Superlift or similar kit. It takes longer, mostly due to the fact that the parts sometimes have to be manipulated to fit. IE-pull real hard, hammer the bolt in. Also, when I ordered my kit the instructions were not available yet. Make sure before you order, that they are available. There's nothing like shooting in the dark. If you order the driveshaft through them, make sure they send you the right one. I was sent the wrong one and had to go through some time getting the right one. Also, make sure they send you the right compression struts. I'm still in the process of getting the correct ones. Anyway the kit is performing well and would recommend it to anyone else who is not considering extreme off-roading. I'm with everyone else on that. I don't think it would hold up in extreme situations. Good luck.

Snowball

------------------
1997 F150 SuperCab 4x4 XLT ORP

What Keeps It Movin'!
5.4 Liter V8
Airaid Air Injection System
straight pipes w/dual exit
What Puts It Above The Rest!
10" Whiplash Suspension Lift
3" Performance Accesories Body Lift
Rancho 5000s
40X17X15 Gumbo Monster Mudders
15X12.5 Prime Racing Wheels
Other Doodads
Westin Nerf Bars
Delta Tool Box
Interior Mods
4" Rear Seat Lift
What Keeps It Bumpin'!
Sony Sound System
Custom Fit Box Under Rear Seat which holds
4-10 Sony XPlod Subs and, Airaid, Straight exaust
4 XPlod Mid Ranges in all four corners
Rockford Fosgate Amp

Any questions? Email me at snowball@cfw.com

A State Trooper once told me..."There's no use in measuring it, I know it's illegal. Sign here please."

Oh well, Keep On Truckin!!!

Old 06-03-2001 | 09:40 AM
Jeez, that must have been fun to install! Maybe they should have paid you to write the instructions

-Jon

Old 06-03-2001 | 02:45 PM
|
Thanks for your time! I'm also thinking about doing 5" RCD, 3" PA, 1.5" Torsion bar. Still not sure which to do :\

Quick Reply: ATTN: Snowball (Need Your Experience)